X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Superman & Lois (reaction)

Here is the first trailer for the series, it does show the Super Sons, now what version is still up in the air.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Superman & Lois trailer (2).jpg

Superman & Lois trailer (4).jpg

Superman & Lois trailer (5).jpg

Superman & Lois trailer (6).jpg

Superman & Lois trailer (13).jpg

Main characters:

Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent / Superman: A superhero from Krypton who defends Earth and is Lois' husband.

Elizabeth Tulloch as Lois Lane: A journalist at the Metropolis newspaper the Daily Planet and Clark's wife.

Jordan Elsass as Jonathan Kent: The modest and kind-hearted son of Clark and Lois.

Alexander Garfin as Jordan Kent: The intelligent son of Clark and Lois who has social anxiety and enjoys playing video games alone.

Dylan Walsh as Samuel Lane: Lois' father and a no-nonsense, workaholic Army general who is determined to keep America and the world safe from all threats.

Emmanuelle Chriqui as Lana Lang: An old friend of Clark Kent, who is the loan officer at Smallville Bank.

Erik Valdez as Kyle Cushing: Lana's husband and Smallville's fire chief, who enjoys his life living in a small town and is wary of those from bigger cities.

Wolé Parks as The Stranger: "A mysterious visitor hellbent on proving to the world that it no longer needs Superman."

Inde Navarrette as Sarah Cushing: Kyle and Lana's "wild child" daughter who befriends the Kent boys.

Adam Rayner as Morgan Edge: "An intelligent, eloquent and impassioned self-made mogul".

Recurring characters:

Sofia Hasmik as Chrissy Beppo: A "go-getter" journalist at the Smallville Gazette who has a "chance encounter" that changes her life.

Stacey Farber as Leslie Larr: Someone who works with "the most influential people on the planet".

Joselyn Picard as Sophie Cushing: "Spirited and rebellious" younger daughter of Lana Lang and Kyle Cushing.

Guest characters:

David Ramsey as John Diggle
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Such blandness in a first trailer. Nothing at all grabs me.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ToyTalk
        Career Member
        • Mar 25, 2020

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        Such blandness in a first trailer. Nothing at all grabs me.
        Sadly I agree. There was nothing in that trailer that made me have any desire to watch this iteration of Superman. I don't mean high-end CGI and action, it's for TV not the big screen. I was hoping to get an idea of a story to tell. Give me a story that makes me want to see it unfold.
        Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

I have to agree, I want to see more of where this series is going.

Are the Super Sons going to have powers & costumes?

Why are the villains going to be?

Is Lex Luthor going back to Metropolis?

Is John Diggle going to continue being the Guardian or Green Lantern?
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Supes looks like any generic dude at my local gin mill

Lois looks like his battered wife

Nothing here blows my skirt up

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Why does this trailer look like somebody made it on their laptop during lunch hour?

Massive. Suck.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

The little character synopses are bland beyond bland too. I think the end is nigh for the CW-Verse.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

the CW superman is a wimp. this show is going to epicly fail. CW has annoyed to much of the comic fan base with the preachiness of their shows

Comment

• powersthatbe
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 27, 2010

he took a backseat in leadership to green arrow for crying out loud, I know that lois lane will annoy me right off the bat.

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Yes, he’s the weakest Superman ever, of all times, without a doubt. The Supergirl show almost destroyed my love for Superman. God, I hate that Supergirl show so much, I’m so glad it finally got canned.

Tyler Hoechlin sucks. He’s so undersized and looks all wrong for Superman. He’s the reason why I got on my knees and begged Tom Welling to forgive me for dissing him for years. I’m so sorry, Mr Welling, you are now awesome.

I will not watch one single episode, ever. Not even out of curiosity.
                      Last edited by Hector; Dec 29, '20, 7:32 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
                        Museum Correspondent
                        • Apr 2, 2002

Wow. That was incredibly underwhelming, especially in contrast to the iconic nature of Superman.

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                        CW has annoyed to much of the comic fan base with the preachiness of their shows
                        I'm surprised to hear this. Admittedly, the series have been hit and mostly miss for me, but I can't imagine so many shows getting green lighted if they were being rejected by the fan base. What is it now, 7 or 8. They tend to lose me when they go the maudlin CW soap opera route.
                        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                          Permanent Member
                          • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Hector
                          Yes, he’s the weakest Superman ever, of all times, without a doubt. The Supergirl show almost destroyed my love for Superman. God, I hate that Supergirl show so much, I’m so glad it finally got canned.

Tyler Hoechlin sucks. He’s so undersized and looks all wrong for Superman. He’s the reason why I got on my knees and begged Tom Welling to forgive me for dissing him for years. I’m so sorry, Mr Welling, you are now awesome.

I will not watch one single episode, ever. Not even out of curiosity.
                          Can't argue with that. Smallville has its haters but It was never bland or boring atleast after the first season. I'll give this show a chance but its not the Superman I'd like to see.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Um, yeah, that trailer did nothing to pump me up for this. I think Tyler brings an earnestness to the role that is always needed to portray Superman, but did moan and groan when he was constantly nerfed for his cousin, Flash or Green Arrow. When you commit to having Superman in your universe, you should commit to him being THE hero. The original, the paragon, the standard.

I may give this a shot, but it's sad that I am not insanely pumped as I should be about a new Superman TV series existing.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 11, 2013

Over at Superman Home Page they were granted an early access to the pilot and gave a review without spoilers:

https://www.supermanhomepage.com/spo...pilot-episode/
                              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎