X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

My Dredd Christmas

I added some great figures to my Dredd collection. The Stallone version is from a company called VTS and the Karl Urban figure is from a company overseas called Artistic Interpretation.

• B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

Stallone...was not the face I got from that portrait. It looks more like James Woods.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by B-Lister
      Stallone...was not the face I got from that portrait. It looks more like James Woods.
      Sly had a James Wood-ish look for Dredd unmasked so a sculpt would certainly cater to that. But the Helmet head is classic Stallone with his sneer. Easily the best effort out there for this rendition.
      Attached Files

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

The Stallone one looks like Emilio Estevez. Guessing these are bootlegs and not paying a dime to 2000AD or Stallone or Urban.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          The Stallone one looks like Emilio Estevez. Guessing these are bootlegs and not paying a dime to 2000AD or Stallone or Urban.
          LOL! I wasn't there at the signing, but I would say its the same going rate as anyone who sells customs of licensed characters at auction. Such irony...

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

So if I had a sweat shop I could crank out thousands of customs for sale too.

Originally posted by MIB41
            LOL! I wasn't there at the signing, but I would say its the same going rate as anyone who sells customs of licensed characters at auction. Such irony...
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• melstapler
              Museum Super Collector
              • Aug 2, 2014

Wow! Dredd looks incredible! Even if the head sculpt isn't quite there, the suit more than make up for any shortcomings.

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by melstapler
                Wow! Dredd looks incredible! Even if the head sculpt isn't quite there, the suit more than make up for any shortcomings.
                Thanks for your kind words. Its appreciated. I've also got a comic version which I think is much more accurate to the source material.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎