Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: FTC Cuffs...

Images

FTC Cuffs...

Hi Mego Mates!

I was wondering if there was a better way to get the FTC arm cuffs/wristbands onto a figure's arm (over a sleeve, as I usually use them as glove cuffs). Is this just always a pain (if any of you even do this?)?

Should I cut it along its length to wrap it around or just try to squeeze it on or is there a better method (maybe sewing the sleeve tighter to the arm and cutting excess material off inside, before putting the cuff on)? IDK...Photo provided...

20201226_222512.jpg

I've struggled with these before, some I've got on with a bit of effort (mostly on the female figures, which are easier, of course...smaller wrists, and all). I do wish they were a bit bigger.

FTC just doesn't have anything in the way of good brown gloves and I've requested them a million times.

Thanks,

Dana
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Have you tried dipping it in hot water to loosen it up to make it easier to work with?
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Images
    Blog Entries
    pull the hem of the wrist past the end of the arm, its probably what's causing the problem
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Like thunderbolt said, pull the hem past the end of the arm, then I use a small rubber band (like for hair, or better, braces rubber bands, if you have them) on the end to keep it in place, and then slide the cuff onto the arm. THEN, use pliers to get rid of any excess to keep the sleeve tight on the arm.

On Type S bodies, the FTC hand posts are too small to fit tightly into the arm, so use that extra sleeve material to go into the arm with the hand post to keep the sleeve and the hand in place.

Images
    Thank you for the input, guys. I will go with your suggestion of pulling the fabric past the arm, even warm up the cuff a bit. Thank you so much, I appreciate it.

Dana
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt