• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danadoll
    Micronaut Nut!
    • Apr 11, 2005

FTC Cuffs...

Hi Mego Mates!

I was wondering if there was a better way to get the FTC arm cuffs/wristbands onto a figure's arm (over a sleeve, as I usually use them as glove cuffs). Is this just always a pain (if any of you even do this?)?

Should I cut it along its length to wrap it around or just try to squeeze it on or is there a better method (maybe sewing the sleeve tighter to the arm and cutting excess material off inside, before putting the cuff on)? IDK...Photo provided...

20201226_222512.jpg

I've struggled with these before, some I've got on with a bit of effort (mostly on the female figures, which are easier, of course...smaller wrists, and all). I do wish they were a bit bigger.

FTC just doesn't have anything in the way of good brown gloves and I've requested them a million times.

Thanks,

Dana
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Have you tried dipping it in hot water to loosen it up to make it easier to work with?
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

pull the hem of the wrist past the end of the arm, its probably what's causing the problem
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

Like thunderbolt said, pull the hem past the end of the arm, then I use a small rubber band (like for hair, or better, braces rubber bands, if you have them) on the end to keep it in place, and then slide the cuff onto the arm. THEN, use pliers to get rid of any excess to keep the sleeve tight on the arm.

On Type S bodies, the FTC hand posts are too small to fit tightly into the arm, so use that extra sleeve material to go into the arm with the hand post to keep the sleeve and the hand in place.

Comment

• danadoll
          Micronaut Nut!
          • Apr 11, 2005

Thank you for the input, guys. I will go with your suggestion of pulling the fabric past the arm, even warm up the cuff a bit. Thank you so much, I appreciate it.

Dana
          "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• KingKickass1983
            Career Member
            • Jan 19, 2019

I know this was asked months ago, but I find holding the sleeves past the arms with tweezers helps, than slip the cuffs over the tweezers and over the arms.
            Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎