Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merry Christmas (I may have missed a few on here)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SUPERUNDERDOGGIE
    Museum Chaplain
    • Nov 26, 2002

Merry Christmas (I may have missed a few on here)

Hey everyone. Been a while but I'm still kickin'. Good to see some old timers still going strong on the ol' Mego Museum forum. I hope everyone had a nice holiday. I've been selling some things here and there but I still have a collection going, although not nearly what it was at its peak when I had all of those mint in box figures...circle suit spidey...removable cowl Batman...orange sleeve cuff Shazam...., man, I miss those!

Who knows, maybe I'll dive back into collecting at some point but it seems like such a different world now than it was back in 2002. 18 years! Can you believe it? Just crazy. We were all pups back then!

Hope you are all doing great. By the way, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to tell but Bill ....our Museum correspondent...(can't use his super secret code name) is now the reigning King of Oddball Mego toys because he has a lot of my stuff I used to collect, including the princess play cosmetics. Ha! That said, I am not quite yet ready to abdicate my throne as the Puppet Love King....but the day will come.

Take care everyone. Hope all is well with you and yours!

Dan
    "God has put definite limits on the heights of man's wisdom, but no limits to the depths of his stupidity"
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Wonderful to "see" you my friend! Merry Christmas!
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

Those Princess Play cosmetics are being put to good use. You all thought I was pretty before?!
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• SUPERUNDERDOGGIE
        Museum Chaplain
        • Nov 26, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
        Wonderful to "see" you my friend! Merry Christmas!
        Great to see you too, Brian!
        "God has put definite limits on the heights of man's wisdom, but no limits to the depths of his stupidity"

Comment

• SUPERUNDERDOGGIE
          Museum Chaplain
          • Nov 26, 2002

Originally posted by Wee67
          Those Princess Play cosmetics are being put to good use. You all thought I was pretty before?!
          Why do you think I specifically passed them to you Bill? I knew you would rock that 80's Mego look!

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Merry Christmas! I recall your sobriquet.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
              To Fear is Not Logical...
              • Feb 17, 2008

Happy holidays! Glad to see you here, again!
              It's all good!

Comment

• Meule
                Verbose Member
                • Nov 14, 2004

Merry Christmas Dan, good to see you again
                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Merry Christmas.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• J.B.
                    Guild Navigator
                    • Jun 23, 2010

Always good to hear from an OG.
                    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

Hey Hey !!!

Got any tricorders left ?

Thanks again and again for that Hulk --- yes, an elephant never forgets

Comment

• SUPERUNDERDOGGIE
                        Museum Chaplain
                        • Nov 26, 2002

Originally posted by Mikey
                        Hey Hey !!!

Got any tricorders left ?

Thanks again and again for that Hulk --- yes, an elephant never forgets
                        I haven't counted in a while but I think I still have over 100 Mego Tricorder cassette players. I wish I had someone to refurbish the ones that don't work. Most of them do work and just need new belts. I still think for me that will be the find of my lifetime. If you remember the original WGSH shipping container was in that bunch...full of Mego Dept Store Returns from the Bohemia Warehouse. One of the tricorders was a time capsule of Christmas mornings from the 70s. On the tape you can hear the kids playing and recording and the dad comes in yelling at them saying he can't believe they broke it already, not realizing it was still recording. I need to find that tape. Been a long time!

Also, you are welcome for the Hulk. So many people on here have gifted me things over the years I would say I still haven't done enough giving back!

Comment

• SUPERUNDERDOGGIE
                          Museum Chaplain
                          • Nov 26, 2002

Thanks everyone for chiming in. Nice to be "not forgotten" even though I've been gone. Maybe its because I still reign in the Arcade as Asteroids champion? :-)

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Hey happy holidays. Where you been?
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎