X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaniellePlaysWithToys
    Youngest Mego Fan
    • Aug 30, 2019

Space Ghost!!

Christmas came once again and I was left feeling a little unsatisfied with my presents. Why? I was expecting to get the Legion of Doom figures, but Dad didn't know where to find them. But I did get Space Ghost (packaged with Blip and signed by George Lowe) along with Space Ghost and Dino Boy on DVD! I didn't get Falcon-7 either and I wanted a Huckleberry Hound plush. 2020 is officially the worst year ever. To quote an old Nintendo 64 commercial, "Jingle bells, Santa smells, Christmas really stunk! I didn't get what I want, my gifts were full of junk!"
    FTC apologist, Hawkman stan, and Cybatom shipper.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I think what you did receive sounds loads of fun. I'm envious.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Space Ghost is cool. And yours is signed? That's neat!

Comment

• DaniellePlaysWithToys
        Youngest Mego Fan
        • Aug 30, 2019

Guess what? The Blu-Ray didn't work, so we're sending it back. Because everything HAS to go horribly wrong in 2020.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

yahh because you not getting the dolls you want and a defective blu ray are the worst things to happen to anyone ever. lol Count your blessings.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

The trick? Buy your own presents and don’t rely on others to get you what you want. You’re the only one that will get it right.

Works for me.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
              The trick? Buy your own presents and don’t rely on others to get you what you want. You’re the only one that will get it right.
              and takes the fun right out of it.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                and takes the fun right out of it.
                I’m nearly 50 years old. Why would I put the burden of finding exactly what I want on someone else? Like it’s important?

And I find it fun because I’m never disappointed.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

I’m nearly 50 years old. Why would I put the burden of finding exactly what I want on someone else? Like it’s important?

And I find it fun because I’m never disappointed.
                  just let them get what they want to get you and enjoy. Why do they have to buy exactly what you want?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

just let them get what they want to get you and enjoy. Why do they have to buy exactly what you want?
                    That may be the most ridiculous question I’ve ever read.

I do let them get what they want to get me. And I do enjoy what they get me because I’m not expecting them to get me anything. No expectations on my part.

And I buy exactly what I want year round. Being an adult, there’s no reason to wait for X-mas. And I’ll never have the disappointed testimony written above.

Comment

• tiinacat
                      Museum Patron
                      • Feb 4, 2015

I’m loving this.

Thought I was the only one

I was even asked what figures do you want- you have so many and steered my wife over to 12 inch figures (Which I want but can’t justify price)

Every gift I opened I wondered which figures I got

The answer? None😢

The point is of course we could buy them ourselves- but the joy is not Buying on Christmas but the magic of not knowing what it could be- the anticipation...

Bless those that try to help us recreate dreams or new memories.

Always next year, do circle the figures in your seats wishbook and leave it lying around...

Comment

• tiinacat
                        Museum Patron
                        • Feb 4, 2015

Sears...

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                          Career Member
                          • Jul 23, 2019

Christmas was great for me. I didn't receive anything Mego-related, but my son surprised the hell out of me with a complete Cobra Night Raven and a near complete G.I Joe Hovercraft. I did not expect anything like that.
                          "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

My point was the spoiled attitude of the op not getting what they wanted. They should appreciate what they got as GIFTS and not whine

That may be the most ridiculous question I’ve ever read.

I do let them get what they want to get me. And I do enjoy what they get me because I’m not expecting them to get me anything. No expectations on my part.

And I buy exactly what I want year round. Being an adult, there’s no reason to wait for X-mas. And I’ll never have the disappointed testimony written above.

Comment

• DaniellePlaysWithToys
                              Youngest Mego Fan
                              • Aug 30, 2019

My point was the spoiled attitude of the op not getting what they wanted. They should appreciate what they got as GIFTS and not whine
                              Hey, I'm only 18.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎