Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: Was Star Wars Holiday Special Post Hamill Car Crash???

Images

Was Star Wars Holiday Special Post Hamill Car Crash???

Yeah, I know this is a weird question to be asking. I was watching the Star Wars Holiday Special recently. I noticed Mark Hamill's make up was a lot more heavy than the others, (Ford and Fisher's) and I then remembered hearing that Hamill was involved in an auto accident some time after the release of the movie. But how long after the movie??? Could the heavy make up be covering bruises from the accident. It would explain why the thick stage make-up look.
    I figured I'd ask here as we have many of the most knowledgeable Star Wars Fanatics in the Universe :D

P.S. Gotta LOVE the Holiday Special... Its the first TV appearance of Boba Fett!!! And thanks to the Mandalorian, its canon!!!
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS

Images
    Yeah, the SWHS was after the accident. Hamill's car wreck happened on January 11th, 1977.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for one CAH Mego Comic Activator (working or non working).

Images
    I just looked the special up on youtube, and it does look like he's wearing makeup and eyeliner, but he doesn't look mangled to me. I read that he broke his nose and both cheekbones, but he's still handsome. Maybe there was bruising and scarring, but they covered it up nicely.
    mark.jpg
    Last edited by RonnyG; Dec 24, '20 at 2:30 PM.

Images
    They said it's also one of the reasons he left Eight Is Enough. Well,that and Star Wars turned out to be big.

Images
    Come to think of it, the same thing happened to Lindsay Wagner. She was involved in a bad car accident shorty after she begun filming the first season of The Bionic Woman series. She was left with a visible scar above her lip, but it still did not detract from her beauty.

https://en.calameo.com/read/000219545e68b8d496d40
    Last edited by RonnyG; Dec 25, '20 at 11:54 AM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
    Yeah, the SWHS was after the accident. Hamill's car wreck happened on January 11th, 1977.
    Okay. I had seen Toy Galaxy's History of the special and Shooting was done early Spring and Summer of 1978. The broadcast was November of that year. So there would be time enough for some recovery for Hamill. I am sure the heavy grease paint like make up would hide a great deal of bruises and whatever else medical damage was left to heal.
    Thanks for the input all and Happy Holidays!
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS

Images
    I always thought that scar accentuated her beauty --- like Tina Fey's scar …

Quote Originally Posted by RonnyG View Post
    Come to think of it, the same thing happened to Lindsay Wagner. She was involved in a bad car accident shorty after she begun filming the first season of The Bionic Woman series. She was left with a visible scar above her lip, but it still did not detract from her beauty.

.................................................. .......................

Images
    Funny you ask. I had not seen a clean, no-makeup pic from that era...until this week.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnyG View Post

She looked hotter with her scar, so adorable.

There are parts of the Star Wars Holiday Special that Luke looks like a bad wax figure of Luke. So yeah, they must have been covering up a lot of injuries. It's freaky how he looks. He also looks really feminine. The makeup they did on him was not good in any way.