Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Star Wars Holiday Special Post Hamill Car Crash???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddgaff1132
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 3, 2007

Was Star Wars Holiday Special Post Hamill Car Crash???

Yeah, I know this is a weird question to be asking. I was watching the Star Wars Holiday Special recently. I noticed Mark Hamill's make up was a lot more heavy than the others, (Ford and Fisher's) and I then remembered hearing that Hamill was involved in an auto accident some time after the release of the movie. But how long after the movie??? Could the heavy make up be covering bruises from the accident. It would explain why the thick stage make-up look.
    I figured I'd ask here as we have many of the most knowledgeable Star Wars Fanatics in the Universe :D

P.S. Gotta LOVE the Holiday Special... Its the first TV appearance of Boba Fett!!! And thanks to the Mandalorian, its canon!!!
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

Yeah, the SWHS was after the accident. Hamill's car wreck happened on January 11th, 1977.
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• RonnyG
      Career Member
      • Apr 23, 2014

I just looked the special up on youtube, and it does look like he's wearing makeup and eyeliner, but he doesn't look mangled to me. I read that he broke his nose and both cheekbones, but he's still handsome. Maybe there was bruising and scarring, but they covered it up nicely.
      mark.jpg
      Last edited by RonnyG; Dec 24, '20, 2:30 PM.

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

They said it's also one of the reasons he left Eight Is Enough. Well,that and Star Wars turned out to be big.

Comment

• RonnyG
          Career Member
          • Apr 23, 2014

Come to think of it, the same thing happened to Lindsay Wagner. She was involved in a bad car accident shorty after she begun filming the first season of The Bionic Woman series. She was left with a visible scar above her lip, but it still did not detract from her beauty.

https://en.calameo.com/read/000219545e68b8d496d40
          Last edited by RonnyG; Dec 25, '20, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
            Persistent Member
            • Oct 3, 2007

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
            Yeah, the SWHS was after the accident. Hamill's car wreck happened on January 11th, 1977.
            Okay. I had seen Toy Galaxy's History of the special and Shooting was done early Spring and Summer of 1978. The broadcast was November of that year. So there would be time enough for some recovery for Hamill. I am sure the heavy grease paint like make up would hide a great deal of bruises and whatever else medical damage was left to heal.
            Thanks for the input all and Happy Holidays!
            Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
            MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

I always thought that scar accentuated her beauty --- like Tina Fey's scar …

Originally posted by RonnyG
              Come to think of it, the same thing happened to Lindsay Wagner. She was involved in a bad car accident shorty after she begun filming the first season of The Bionic Woman series. She was left with a visible scar above her lip, but it still did not detract from her beauty.

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

Funny you ask. I had not seen a clean, no-makeup pic from that era...until this week.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by RonnyG

She looked hotter with her scar, so adorable.
                  sigpic

Comment

• ODBJBG
                    Permanent Member
                    • May 15, 2009

There are parts of the Star Wars Holiday Special that Luke looks like a bad wax figure of Luke. So yeah, they must have been covering up a lot of injuries. It's freaky how he looks. He also looks really feminine. The makeup they did on him was not good in any way.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎