Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: Zica Bodies

Images

Zica Bodies

Does anyone know where I can purchase Zica male bodies or any bodies that I can rotate the hands on?
    Heart of Glass was my secret identity.

Images
    Rotate the hands? Zica hand joints work the same as any other Mego-like figure, don't they?

Images
    Not sure. Vintage Mego bodies do not appear to be able to remove hands with any ease. I have used different bodies in the past for this but I'm out and need more. I just need to pull the hands out to put new ones in and the body needs to support the vintage head plug.

^^ All hands can be removed on vintage and contemporary bodies… hot water is your friend.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Confessional View Post
    ^^ All hands can be removed on vintage and contemporary bodies… hot water is your friend.
    I'll need to give that a try. Thanks for the tip. Even then, I would still love to know where I can purchase quality mego bodies

Quote Originally Posted by ToyTalk View Post
    I'll need to give that a try. Thanks for the tip. Even then, I would still love to know where I can purchase quality mego bodies
    Sometimes what I do is search ebay for cheap Waltons and Dukes of Hazzard figures, and use the bodies for customs, they can be cheaper than just searching for a generic mego body.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrekStar View Post
    Sometimes what I do is search ebay for cheap Waltons and Dukes of Hazzard figures, and use the bodies for customs, they can be cheaper than just searching for a generic mego body.
    I bought a bag with 5 Type2 Robin bodies for $40. All in good condition. I couldn't get the hands out. I am going to try the hot water thing and see what happens. Thank you for the tip. Never thought about buying some of the cheaper figures. I don't do any customizing so those thoughts don't always ring with me. For anything custom, I normally purchase off of someone here.

Images
    Yes, a cup of hot water (like you would use for tea) and just dip it in for a minute. Take care so you don't scald yourself.

With hands/wrists, be sure to apply equal pressure on each side and pull it out straight... otherwise it is possible to crack the hand at the wrist joint (but heat also helps that).

But really... you will be surprised how easy it is to do with a little heat.

Images
    Thank you Confessional, Sprytel and TrekStar (Sorry but I don't know everyone's names) for the tips and guidance. This weekend I will give it a try.