X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToyTalk
    Career Member
    • Mar 25, 2020

Wanted Zica Bodies

Does anyone know where I can purchase Zica male bodies or any bodies that I can rotate the hands on?
    Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

Rotate the hands? Zica hand joints work the same as any other Mego-like figure, don't they?

Comment

• ToyTalk
      Career Member
      • Mar 25, 2020

Not sure. Vintage Mego bodies do not appear to be able to remove hands with any ease. I have used different bodies in the past for this but I'm out and need more. I just need to pull the hands out to put new ones in and the body needs to support the vintage head plug.

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

^^ All hands can be removed on vintage and contemporary bodies… hot water is your friend.

Comment

• ToyTalk
          Career Member
          • Mar 25, 2020

Originally posted by Confessional
          ^^ All hands can be removed on vintage and contemporary bodies… hot water is your friend.
          I'll need to give that a try. Thanks for the tip. Even then, I would still love to know where I can purchase quality mego bodies

Comment

• Confessional
            Maker & Whatnot
            • Aug 8, 2012

^^ :

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by ToyTalk
              I'll need to give that a try. Thanks for the tip. Even then, I would still love to know where I can purchase quality mego bodies
              Sometimes what I do is search ebay for cheap Waltons and Dukes of Hazzard figures, and use the bodies for customs, they can be cheaper than just searching for a generic mego body.

Comment

• ToyTalk
                Career Member
                • Mar 25, 2020

Originally posted by TrekStar
                Sometimes what I do is search ebay for cheap Waltons and Dukes of Hazzard figures, and use the bodies for customs, they can be cheaper than just searching for a generic mego body.
                I bought a bag with 5 Type2 Robin bodies for $40. All in good condition. I couldn't get the hands out. I am going to try the hot water thing and see what happens. Thank you for the tip. Never thought about buying some of the cheaper figures. I don't do any customizing so those thoughts don't always ring with me. For anything custom, I normally purchase off of someone here.

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

Yes, a cup of hot water (like you would use for tea) and just dip it in for a minute. Take care so you don't scald yourself.

With hands/wrists, be sure to apply equal pressure on each side and pull it out straight... otherwise it is possible to crack the hand at the wrist joint (but heat also helps that).

But really... you will be surprised how easy it is to do with a little heat.

Comment

• ToyTalk
                    Career Member
                    • Mar 25, 2020

Thank you Confessional, Sprytel and TrekStar (Sorry but I don't know everyone's names) for the tips and guidance. This weekend I will give it a try.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎