X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4NDR01D
    Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
    • Jan 22, 2008

Favorite kind of steak?

I'm enjoying a beautiful afternoon outside having a BBQ (hurray for wi-fi), and cooking up a nice juice t-bone. I just cooked up some Rib-Eyes last night for a b-day party too, so I have BBQ on the brain. Does anybody have a favorite cut of steak? or any general bbq preferances they'd like to share? favorite bbq sauce/recipe? rare/med/well done? butcher shop or grocery store? do you let your spouse near the BBQ? tips and/or suggestions? I'm using a "limited edition" Guinness draft beer sauce made by BullsEye, I always have to have my steak with mushrooms and onions, I do the cooking as my GF seriously can't make Kraft dinner and I'm not having her screw up a pair of $20 steaks
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

I'd rather go to the OutBack,.. & Get thier 12once OutBack Special,.. cooked Medium. It's the Best Steak I have ever eaten... I can't seem to Cook one like it. However I do Like the T-Bone Steak on the Grill.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

man just give me a huge one well done and I'm good to go
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
        Pat Troughton in disguise
        • Nov 21, 2007

One that someone else is paying for ...lol
        ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
          • Nov 21, 2007

More of a pork man....give me a huge plate of pork belly strips done so the rind is good and crispy and i'm happy as a sand boy
          ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• Action Martin
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 30, 2007

Even though I'm from New York, the best cut of steak is a Kansas City strip.
            Scott

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
              • Nov 21, 2007

If I do have a steak I like rump very well done... with a nice pepper sauce, some english mustard, loads of mushrooms, some salad and some new potatos doused in butter.

Comment

• megojim
                Permanent Member
                • Oct 13, 2001

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                I'd rather go to the OutBack,.. & Get thier 12once OutBack Special,.. cooked Medium. It's the Best Steak I have ever eaten...
                I like that one too . . . . . they do a real nice job on their steaks.'

For me when I cook out I like a good NY Strip, Medium to Medium well.

I'm putting a big ole' brisket in the smoker first thing in the morning. Cooked slow and low . . . . . my mouth is already watering . . .
                -jim
                My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

Man i went to a restaurant yesterday with my wife and her father called Texas de Brazil...it's like a steak house,but they just come by every 5 minutes with fresh meat,they cut as much as you want and move on.It was awesome!! but pretty expensive,for 4 adults and 2 kids it was $550!!!!
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Zemo
                    Still Smokin'
                    • Feb 14, 2006

Ribeyes and delmonicos. Can't beat that marblization for flavor. Rare baby.

Who said pork over Beef, you have to be kidding!

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

My fav cut is a boneless Delmonico

Seems like most steaks today have no fat on them...

I, personally LOVE fat.

Cooked very scorched on the outside (making the fat crunchy)... and leaving the inside of the steak tender and almost pink.

It's a shame it's so hard to find steaks with fat on them nowadays.

Comment

• Random Axe
                        The Voice of Reason
                        • Apr 16, 2008

Die-hard steak lovers usually look down on me.

I like just a basic top sirloin(as big as you can get of course), cooked medium and topped with BBQ sauce. My wife introced me to steak a couple of years ago after my entire adult life eating only grilled chicken and ribs when we went out. I don't need a baked potato, bread, fries or anything else associated with my meat, just a big *** piece of meat and a plate large enough to accomodate.

Scott
                        I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Megospidey
                          Museum Webslinger
                          • Jul 26, 2006

ribeye. medium rare. no steak sauce. mmmmmmmm.....

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                            Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                            • Jan 22, 2008

Originally posted by type1kirk
                            My fav cut is a boneless Delmonico

Seems like most steaks today have no fat on them...

I, personally LOVE fat.

Cooked very scorched on the outside (making the fat crunchy)... and leaving the inside of the steak tender and almost pink.

It's a shame it's so hard to find steaks with fat on them nowadays.
                            Yeah, you're absolutly right. I remember steaks when I was a kid being fatty and I'd chew the fat (no cliche intended) and suck all the "juice" out. They probably just don't raise beef the same anymore. I'm dying to try Kobe beef from Japan, it's the most marbelize beef on the planet. But it's extremly expensive I hear.

Comment

• Merlyn1976
                              Fist of Khonshu
                              • Mar 29, 2005

Originally posted by Megospidey
                              ribeye. medium rare. no steak sauce. mmmmmmmm.....
                              Almost...I want it still mooing
                              "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

In the Southeast Pacific, lies the sunken city of R'Leyh. There lies C'thulhu waits to return to our world with the other Great Old Ones. A hideous creature of enormous size and alien power, it waits for it's time to return patiently. For it has all the time in the world while it waits for the stars.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎