Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: Custom Boba Fett Thoughts

Images

Custom Boba Fett Thoughts

So I cannot wait to open this 8 inch Boba Fett on Christmas morning. I've heard the hands and feet fall off, etc but who cares? It's a mego scale Boba!!!

Has anybody here got one? Any tips?

Also really curious whether the body provided could be swapped out for a Mego or even Zica body.

Thoughts?

boba body.jpg
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

The body looks very cool… fits into the Takara Cyborg universe nicely. Will be curiously awaiting your evaluation.

RE: Ah no wonder, Tomy Direct… I clearly wasn't paying attention when these came out several years ago. Silly me!

Additional MM intel:

http://megomuseum.com/community/show...tomy+boba+fett

http://megomuseum.com/community/show...tomy+boba+fett
    Last edited by Confessional; Dec 17, '20 at 9:42 AM. Reason: …maker? Ah, silly me!

Images
    Whoa!!!! Yes give a review if Possible Sir.
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS

Images
    I have one (and the Darth Vader version too). It is super cool. You will love it.

The hands do fall off, but the shoulder pauldrons are worse. A little double-sided tape or glue dot would probably help with those (but I actually haven't tried that myself).

The body is too thin to reasonably swap onto any off-the-shelf Mego body... plus, the metal body is part of the fun of this figure.

^^ I'm not thinking Mego-use, I'm seeing a potentially great body for a Shonen Cyborg/Secret Base outfit.

Images
    I was actually hoping to swap to one of those cool Zica bodies used for Buck Rogers but it looks too big. Would also like to swap to a vintage mego body, but honestly if it's a hassle I'll probably just leave him be.

And anything that starts falling off is getting glued or taped. not messing around with that foolishness. LOL

Images
    Maybe the Skinny body that Figures Toy Company uses for Shaggy from the Scooby Doo line would work?

I have this set, as well as the Vader one, and they are more like in scale with 7 inch figures. I am going to try with the slimmer 8 inch body from FTC (the one they started using with their KISS figures) when the time comes.

Images
    Update: the bodysuit doesnt look like it'd even come close to fitting on any mego body (too small), so I put him together as is.

The reviews are true about hands/feets falling off easy, but the figure looks incredible.

I haven't tried posing or moving much as he's just standing on a shelf right now. I spent more time on Christmas stretching my new Stretch X-ray with the kids.

Yes. I have that Boba. Correct. Parts of it fall off very easy. It's the closest thing to a MEGO that I have ever seen. I still feel that it is worth the money. It's also very heavy.
    If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.