X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Custom Boba Fett Thoughts

So I cannot wait to open this 8 inch Boba Fett on Christmas morning. I've heard the hands and feet fall off, etc but who cares? It's a mego scale Boba!!!

Has anybody here got one? Any tips?

Also really curious whether the body provided could be swapped out for a Mego or even Zica body.

Thoughts?

boba body.jpg
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home
  • Confessional
    Maker & Whatnot
    • Aug 8, 2012

The body looks very cool… fits into the Takara Cyborg universe nicely. Will be curiously awaiting your evaluation.

RE: Ah no wonder, Tomy Direct… I clearly wasn't paying attention when these came out several years ago. Silly me!

Additional MM intel:

Anybody know anything about this figure? StarWarsShop.com - 8 Real Action Darth Vader Metal Figure (http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_sku=SWTYRADDV&rid=CJADPL00001) It sure looks like an official Star Wars figure in Mego scale...

CAZAFANTASMA had these great Luke Skywalker heads for sale, and he agreed to offer me a little kit with the painted head, farmboy Luke costume, and some accessories. I loved it so much, I thought it would be cool to keep going and to make a custom X-Wing pilot outfit for him. Head by Sal, helmet by Pez, sweet blaster by
    Last edited by Confessional; Dec 17, '20, 9:42 AM. Reason: …maker? Ah, silly me!

Comment

• ddgaff1132
      Persistent Member
      • Oct 3, 2007

Whoa!!!! Yes give a review if Possible Sir.
      Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
      MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

I have one (and the Darth Vader version too). It is super cool. You will love it.

The hands do fall off, but the shoulder pauldrons are worse. A little double-sided tape or glue dot would probably help with those (but I actually haven't tried that myself).

The body is too thin to reasonably swap onto any off-the-shelf Mego body... plus, the metal body is part of the fun of this figure.

Comment

• Confessional
          Maker & Whatnot
          • Aug 8, 2012

^^ I'm not thinking Mego-use, I'm seeing a potentially great body for a Shonen Cyborg/Secret Base outfit.

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

I was actually hoping to swap to one of those cool Zica bodies used for Buck Rogers but it looks too big. Would also like to swap to a vintage mego body, but honestly if it's a hassle I'll probably just leave him be.

And anything that starts falling off is getting glued or taped. not messing around with that foolishness. LOL

Comment

• Spyweb007
              Persistent Member
              • Apr 18, 2006

Maybe the Skinny body that Figures Toy Company uses for Shaggy from the Scooby Doo line would work?

Comment

• Boywonder0
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 29, 2007

I have this set, as well as the Vader one, and they are more like in scale with 7 inch figures. I am going to try with the slimmer 8 inch body from FTC (the one they started using with their KISS figures) when the time comes.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                  Still Old School
                  • Feb 14, 2008

Update: the bodysuit doesnt look like it'd even come close to fitting on any mego body (too small), so I put him together as is.

The reviews are true about hands/feets falling off easy, but the figure looks incredible.

I haven't tried posing or moving much as he's just standing on a shelf right now. I spent more time on Christmas stretching my new Stretch X-ray with the kids.

Comment

• Chris
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 23, 2009

Yes. I have that Boba. Correct. Parts of it fall off very easy. It's the closest thing to a MEGO that I have ever seen. I still feel that it is worth the money. It's also very heavy.
                    If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎