Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: horror movies aplenty on tubi!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
    Its a weird edit of the movie but I do see the entire movie. Starts in the lab then the title and origin of Tree Guy.
    I saw it yeeeeeeeears ago when I taped it off cable onto vhs.
    it was hilariously awful with possibly the strangest "monster" ever!
    there are so many goodies on tubi I've been going back to it almost every night.
    but I feel I must issue this warning:
    in browsing all the titles on there I found quite possibly the only 3 movies I've ever seen that I wish I could un-see... and not because they were boring. and I've seen some doozies.
    one was in the animated movies section, one in horror and one in foreign.
    I sincerely don't mean this as a tease. just check imdb or similar for reviews before you click on something "sight unseen."
    all 3 movies had good ratings but warnings aplenty. I wish I had heeded them.
    just a heads up.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Also the Filmation 60s Batman series is on there along with the 80s Ruby Spears Superman
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Images
    and "The Point!"
    Clipboard01.jpg

Images
    I love it! I can even cast it to my TV.
    LOOK
    Action Figure Design & Prototypes
    For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
    To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Images
    Blog Entries
    Get a roku and you can watch it directly

Quote Originally Posted by Type3Toys View Post
    I love it! I can even cast it to my TV.

Images
    I'm watching it more than netflix, and I pay for that!
    1970's drive in horror sleaze/cheez heaven!

Images
    I think they added even more movies since I last checked, especially if you're a fan of the Italian Giallo genre.
    I just finished watching three early 1970s Italian thrillers with Carroll Baker: Paranoia, A Quiet Place to Kill, and Knife of Ice!
    Those movies recently were recently released on blu-ray so the prints I watched were very good. She was a quite a beauty back in the day!

Images
    Lots of cheesy bad horror movies on there. Takes me back to my old video store days of watching them with my friends. Kind of fun.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnyG View Post
    I think they added even more movies since I last checked, especially if you're a fan of the Italian Giallo genre.
    I just finished watching three early 1970s Italian thrillers with Carroll Baker: Paranoia, A Quiet Place to Kill, and Knife of Ice!
    Those movies recently were recently released on blu-ray so the prints I watched were very good. She was a quite a beauty back in the day!
    she was in "baba yaga" too!
    I was going to check out "knife..." how was that one?

have you seen "opera" or "shock?"
    other tubi gialli: "strip nude for your killer" "bird with crystal plumage" "what have you done to solange" "strange vice of mrs. ward"

Images
    she was in "baba yaga" too!
    I was going to check out "knife..." how was that one?

have you seen "opera" or "shock?"
    other tubi gialli: "strip nude for your killer" "bird with crystal plumage" "what have you done to solange" "strange vice of mrs. ward"
    All those Giallos you listed are all excellent, and I have seen them all at least twice. They have Torso on there, too! I actually saw Shock at the drive in 40 years ago when it was called, "Beyond the Door II." I used to rent all these movies from Netflix way before streaming started, back when they would send DVDs through snail mail, so the fact that I can watch them again for FREE is awesome!
    Of the Carroll Baker movies, Knife of Ice was the closest in terms of Giallo. It was kind of a slow burn for me, but the ending caught me by surprise. It was a little early in the game, so the murders aren't as graphic like they would become (Dario Argento really set the bar high). As usual, the soundtracks and locations are a big draw for me (and it doesn't hurt to have a beautiful leading lady). I love the genre, so I'm glad whenever a new Giallo I haven't seen before pops up. The other two are more thrillers/damsel in distress-type moves, but they were engrossing, and drew me in as well, and I enjoyed them. I will definitely re-watch them all again in the future.
    Here's the trippy opening title credits to "A Quiet Place to Kill" aka "Paranoia." It says, "Paranoia" but it is actually "A Quiet Place to Kill." It's confusing because they changed the titles for different countries, and one of her earlier movies was already called, "Paranoia." Anyway, I fell in love with this movie the moment I saw it and knew it was going to be my kind of movie.

Last edited by RonnyG; Feb 20, '21 at 6:04 PM.