Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • C.H.O.A.M.
    learning all the time
    • Sep 15, 2010

I'm watching it more than netflix, and I pay for that!
    1970's drive in horror sleaze/cheez heaven!

Comment

• RonnyG
      Career Member
      • Apr 23, 2014

I think they added even more movies since I last checked, especially if you're a fan of the Italian Giallo genre.
      I just finished watching three early 1970s Italian thrillers with Carroll Baker: Paranoia, A Quiet Place to Kill, and Knife of Ice!
      Those movies recently were recently released on blu-ray so the prints I watched were very good. She was a quite a beauty back in the day!

Comment

• Goblin19
        Talkative Member
        • May 2, 2002

Lots of cheesy bad horror movies on there. Takes me back to my old video store days of watching them with my friends. Kind of fun.

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
          learning all the time
          • Sep 15, 2010

Originally posted by RonnyG
          I think they added even more movies since I last checked, especially if you're a fan of the Italian Giallo genre.
          I just finished watching three early 1970s Italian thrillers with Carroll Baker: Paranoia, A Quiet Place to Kill, and Knife of Ice!
          Those movies recently were recently released on blu-ray so the prints I watched were very good. She was a quite a beauty back in the day!
          she was in "baba yaga" too!
          I was going to check out "knife..." how was that one?

have you seen "opera" or "shock?"
          other tubi gialli: "strip nude for your killer" "bird with crystal plumage" "what have you done to solange" "strange vice of mrs. ward"

Comment

• RonnyG
            Career Member
            • Apr 23, 2014

she was in "baba yaga" too!
            I was going to check out "knife..." how was that one?

have you seen "opera" or "shock?"
            other tubi gialli: "strip nude for your killer" "bird with crystal plumage" "what have you done to solange" "strange vice of mrs. ward"
            All those Giallos you listed are all excellent, and I have seen them all at least twice. They have Torso on there, too! I actually saw Shock at the drive in 40 years ago when it was called, "Beyond the Door II." I used to rent all these movies from Netflix way before streaming started, back when they would send DVDs through snail mail, so the fact that I can watch them again for FREE is awesome!
            Of the Carroll Baker movies, Knife of Ice was the closest in terms of Giallo. It was kind of a slow burn for me, but the ending caught me by surprise. It was a little early in the game, so the murders aren't as graphic like they would become (Dario Argento really set the bar high). As usual, the soundtracks and locations are a big draw for me (and it doesn't hurt to have a beautiful leading lady). I love the genre, so I'm glad whenever a new Giallo I haven't seen before pops up. The other two are more thrillers/damsel in distress-type moves, but they were engrossing, and drew me in as well, and I enjoyed them. I will definitely re-watch them all again in the future.
            Here's the trippy opening title credits to "A Quiet Place to Kill" aka "Paranoia." It says, "Paranoia" but it is actually "A Quiet Place to Kill." It's confusing because they changed the titles for different countries, and one of her earlier movies was already called, "Paranoia." Anyway, I fell in love with this movie the moment I saw it and knew it was going to be my kind of movie.

Last edited by RonnyG; Feb 20, '21, 6:04 PM.

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
              learning all the time
              • Sep 15, 2010

I'll check them out for sure. ever see "autopsy/macchie solari?" whoa. a WILD start that's impossible to sustain leading to ultimately a sleazy giallo.
              whatabout "all the colors of the dark" "your vice is a locked room..." "blood and black lace" "the psychic" "death walks at midnight"

netflix was the same for me, renting dvds but now I can watch all the ones they didn't have! (I think I got on some gov watchlist based on the titles I was renting but hey- if they didn't have it I wouldn't rent it!)
              tubi also has some of the "exorcist" rip offs like "demon witch child" "beyond the door" and (sort-of) "night child"
              do you like japanese '70s movies? tubi has the vampire trilogy "vampire doll" "lake of dracula" "evil of dracula" and a few of the female prisoner scorpion ones too. not on tubi but the "lone wolf and cub" movies are also good. I've also seen some older great japanese movies not on tubi but some are on the criterion channel.

right now I'm watching a lot of creepster tv. some of their copies are pretty awful but if no one else has it streaming I'll watch it. they have a lot of german "krimi" edgar wallace movies, the best I've seen so far being "the indian scarf" with klaus kinski. I just caught an italian bank heist movie called "seven golden men/7 uomini d'oro" that was good too.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                Permanent Member
                • Sep 15, 2014

I watched Baffled 1973 starring Leonard Nimoy. Oddly enough I never heard about it.

Comment

• toyhunter1970
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 24, 2020

tubitv is on fire its like having a revival theater in the palm of your hands the only streaming service i use and its free too boot

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                    learning all the time
                    • Sep 15, 2010

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
                    I watched Baffled 1973 starring Leonard Nimoy. Oddly enough I never heard about it.
                    "baffled" was a favorite around my house growing up!
                    we watched all the made for tv movies back then, especially the spooky ones.
                    so many great memories associated with them and I even managed to track down a bunch in the last decade or so.
                    you know what? a lot of them still hold up!

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                      learning all the time
                      • Sep 15, 2010

Originally posted by toyhunter1970
                      tubitv is on fire its like having a revival theater in the palm of your hands the only streaming service i use and its free too boot
                      yes! I love it.
                      between that and "creepster tv" I don't think I was watching anything else!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎