Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extremely Loose Limbs

Quote Originally Posted by MIB41 View Post
    Okay cool. Trying to diagnose here because I found some easy fixes for much of this stuff. When you say loose, do you mean the arms tend to spring outward so they won't hold any pose or are they to the figure's side and just floppy?
    Item B. The arms and legs are just floppy. When trying to stand him up, he likes to bend forward and it was a struggle to pose him on the Bat Cycle

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by filmation batman fan View Post
    Item B. The arms and legs are just floppy. When trying to stand him up, he likes to bend forward and it was a struggle to pose him on the Bat Cycle
    This one is more design defect than a one-two fix like others. On this particular figure decided to move him to a Mego body because the casting holes in his calves were not to my liking. I unhooked the arms from that body and attached them to the Mego version so the gloves would remain compatible. Like you, this is my favorite rendition of Robin so I wanted him firing on all cylinders. You can tighten the limbs on the original body without that fix by turning the torso clockwise one complete turn but its not really a fix so much as a go between until you switch bodies. But I recommend just taking the arms out and hooking them on a Mego body. That gives you the perfect version you probably want.
    Last edited by MIB41; Dec 18, '20 at 6:58 AM.

Ok, soI just returned a Teen Wonder Robin Iíd bought from FTC, requesting a tighter-limbed version, and received a replacememt that seems to have exactly the same issues that prompted my initial return. (Loose limbs, inability to be posed or stand, everything thatís already been mentioned in this thread.) What should my next step be? Return it for a refund? Restring it or swap the head onto a Dr Mego body? Not sure what makes sense as the Teen Wonder figure appears to be smaller than the standard FTC or Dr Mego body... Any advice welcomed!

Ray
    Last edited by rayray; Jan 22, '21 at 8:12 PM. Reason: Typos