Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extremely Loose Limbs

Bat Extremely Loose Limbs

I've got a problem and was wondering if anyone else has it? One of my favorite figures is the 8 inch Robin the Teen Wonder. I got two of them, one of which I placed on my Red Robin Cycle and the other on the Bat Shelf. Both figures seem to have extremely loose limbs. The figures haven't broken, but it makes them hard to pose either standing up or riding on the cycle. I am sorely tempted to remove the head and costume, but a Dr. Mego body and green oven mitts and place the head and costume on a Dr. Mego body. Has anybody else had any loose limb problems with any of their FTC figures? Inquiring mind wants to know.

Many of the FTC figures/bodies I've got in the last six months have been loose limbed, and the First Appearance Robin was so loose it was virtually useless.
    I'm so tired of going back and forth with them, I've resorted to using the superglue method of tightening up loose limbs. It does help, but of course you have to be very careful.

Images
    Given the title, I thought for sure this was a thread about Brick Mantooth's escapades.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

The slim body that the Robin Teen Wonder comes on is pretty bad. The first one I bought had loose limbs, but it wasn't too bad and I have it posed on my shelf (although I cannot recall if he is assisted by a LaserMego stand). Then I bought the two pack with 1st Appearance Robin and another Teen Robin... blech! The limbs were so loose that the figure was useless. And I don't think anyone has found a way to fix these bodies.

The problem with a swap is that FTC made the clothes fit the slim body, so they don't fit a regular Mego body. All you are left with is a useless body, clothes that don't fit other bodies, and nice head sculpt and plastic accessories (gloves, shoes and belt). If that body was even decent, it would have been great for updating the original Teen Titans line-up.

Images
    Hello. Is this the figure you're talking about that has the plug-in gloves?

http://figurestoycompany.com/batmanr...1-1-3-1-1.aspx

Images
    Blog Entries
    I thought he was on a teen body?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by MIB41 View Post
    Hello. Is this the figure you're talking about that has the plug-in gloves?

http://figurestoycompany.com/batmanr...1-1-3-1-1.aspx
    Yes it is.

Images
    Blog Entries
    In the FTC pics it sure looks like it is

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by filmation batman fan View Post
    Yes it is.
    Okay cool. Trying to diagnose here because I found some easy fixes for much of this stuff. When you say loose, do you mean the arms tend to spring outward so they won't hold any pose or are they to the figure's side and just floppy?

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    Actually, the Teen Wonder version of Robin was released on a small teen body as part of the Teen Titans. And on that figure, the head is really big. But eventually, they released the Teen Wonder version of Robin was finally released on an 8 inch body. And it's this figure I would like to transfer to a Dr. Mego body.