X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddgaff1132
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 3, 2007

Big Josh and Yank restores

So I won a mixed lot on Greedbay and of course there was more wrong than right with these guys.

Here's the before
    Jim&Yank-before.jpg
    Beneath the cut-offs Josh has a hip held together with masking tape. his body was covered with tape residue and gunk.
    Fighting Yank was not so good either. Some of its metal rivets were coming apart in the legs and he's bow-legged. He has no "Mego" markings so is he a K/O yank er'what???

Jim&Yank-restored (1).jpg
    So here are the boys after several hours of cleaning and repairing. Yank still needs some leg-work but I'm happy for now. I tried to redress Fighting Yank to near out of the box with regular Knock off stuff but I think he needs a different shirt. I am hoping to 3D print him a Dog Tag soon
    Anyone know where I can get compatible rivets or something near to finish repairing Yank.

PS do we have a "Fighting Yank" section at Mego Museum??? I could not find any.
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS
  • RonnyG
    Career Member
    • Apr 23, 2014

They look great! I've restored many dirty Big Jim figures, too, and made them look displayable, so I know what a good feeling it is. The most common flaw I've encountered is the grime on their rubber arms.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
      Persistent Member
      • Oct 3, 2007

Originally posted by RonnyG
      They look great! I've restored many dirty Big Jim figures, too, and made them look displayable, so I know what a good feeling it is. The most common flaw I've encountered is the grime on their rubber arms.
      I use Dawn Dish soap, Very Hot Water and scrub with a toothbrush. ;D
      Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
      MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I agree, Dawn is a miracle-worker.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Great work! Big Josh has always been one of my favorites from my youth before the Pack came along. Those look really good.

Comment

• RonnyG
            Career Member
            • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            I agree, Dawn is a miracle-worker.
            I remember that commercial where they used Dawn to clean baby ducks caught in oil spills, so it's safe on baby ducks AND your Big Jims! lol
            Last edited by RonnyG; Dec 13, '20, 8:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎