Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mypint
    • Dec 3, 2020

Lost in the Sauce

Hey. Very new to all this though I had many Mego's as a kid and now entering the 2nd phase of my childhood. I started with the 12 1/2" Superman Mego's.

1st: So here are some questions. I have a few Movie head with skinny body mego's. And found one with the cartoon head and muscular body. Is there a simple explanation to this beside someone just changing heads out? Also why are some of the belts only attached in the back while the movie versions mostly have then sewn in around the suit?

2nd: Does anyone in here have a Denys Fisher Superman with the box, the bendable i beam and lock with cable? If so may I please get good clear close photos of all the panels of the box especially the small writing on the back panel. I have someone that can make me a reproduction box. Also the same with the i beam and lock with cable, another buddy that 3D prints and might be able to make me a repro set.

Any and ALL help is greatly appreciated.
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

welcome to the museum. i am sure someone will have answers for you on both

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by mypint
      Hey. Very new to all this though I had many Mego's as a kid and now entering the 2nd phase of my childhood. I started with the 12 1/2" Superman Mego's.

1st: So here are some questions. I have a few Movie head with skinny body mego's. And found one with the cartoon head and muscular body. Is there a simple explanation to this beside someone just changing heads out? Also why are some of the belts only attached in the back while the movie versions mostly have then sewn in around the suit?
      Welcome to the Museum and there may be some of this info around if you search or someone may chime in...

But as it relates to Superman, one thing that I can tell you I've found through the years with Mego (other toy companies as well but Mego in particular) is that they didn't quite have the same standards of quality control as the "bigger" companies or that modern companies usually have. So it's certainly possible that they simply shipped out what they had. Mego had a penchant for being frugal and would use everything, so while it may be uncommon (again I'm not an expert on this line by any stretch of the imagination) it's not uncommon in the sense that the factory may have had some leftovers of a particular body or been slow to make changes to the heads, etc, and simply sent them out even while they were supposed to be making changes.

Comment

• mypint
        • Dec 3, 2020

Hey ODBJBG,
        Thanks for responding. I heard that same thing from a friend about shipping out what they had available. I even went so far to PM the "Main Man" over on FB but crickets still after a month. I guess I'm not that good of a researcher. I have typed in many different forms of the same thing and it still keeps popping up the same crap. Even tried many different ways asking about the Denys Fisher Superman box and stuff. Same thing. OH WELL... Never Quit, Never Give Up.

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

From what I understand the comic head Superman was only OFFICALLY released in Canada.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎