X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

Bif Bang Wow!!

I was just doing a little Ebay research to see what it might cost to fill in a few of the holes I have in BBP's 8" Twilight Zone offerings and, Zounds!! there are some pricey items in that catalog nowadays. I knew that a few of the BBP figures like Battlestar's Athena and Venture Bros' HELPER were sort of short run at the end of that company making 8" megolike figures, but I did not realize how hot some of the other characters were. Are sellers really getting such crazy prices on Venture Bros stuff? 6MDM? Twilight Zone?

I am floored, but happy that some of these cool offerings are getting attention. I am guessing that the production runs for the figures were pretty low. I wonder if they were even lower than what MEGO Corp did with the 10,000 figure editions from the comeback 2018 Target waves.
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Wait til you see what Tootie will sell for in five years
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

Venture Bros. Wave 1 has been expensive for a long time now.

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

I knew that a lot of the TZ stuff had gone up, but I had no idea Venture Bros was that popular. Those were pretty well done. The comic look fit really well with the Mego format.
        I was pretty surprised to see the kind of cash thrown at the lunchboxes.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Tell me about it, I can't find Buzz Meredith's glasses without selling a kidney.

These are the two best ReMEgo lines though, IMO. Well-deserved.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Hmmm...maybe I should sell some of my Venture Bros. figures. I have a few extras. I really loved the line and wished it would have continued!

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

I do have an Athena on card and other BSG and SMDM on card.

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

I always believed the Six Mill stuff would come back around, regardless of how critical people were to those lines. There's some licensing that just seems to find new fans every decade or so. And through that discovery these old toy lines find new consumers hungry to play. Surprised no one has mentioned BBP Flash Gordon.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎