X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

How NOT to restring an NFL Action Team Mate

So, if you've ever owned any of these, you know at some point you will have to restring them as the bands get brittle and fall apart. This is Bleier takin' the rock from Bradshaw in happier days.

Bradshaw is still hanging in (so far), but Bleier fell apart on me. I did a Museum Search to see how to fix them and found this:

Everything CrimsonGhost wrote made perfect sense, but when I got to the hardware store, I went Sinatra and did it My Way. Grabbed some different sized Metric O-Rings and wire. Had some Zip Ties and a small chain in my toolbox and got started.

I don't want to describe what I did because
    1. Shame is a strong emotion
    2. I don't want anyone to do the same

Inside Bleier's torso and pelvis, you'll find the East L.A. Interchange of the 5, 10, 101 and 60 freeways. So instead, please play the background music as you view the pics.

Rocky Bleier may not be as mobile as he was before, but he can still protect Bradshaw from that nasty Dallas Doomsday Defense.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I'm not sure about the figure, but the music is making my day--thinking of my grandfather watching Benny Hill.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

I do remember these from back in the day, can’t quite remember all the players except Cowboys and Steelers which were the two most popular teams of the time, maybe Dolphins and Rams too.

Comment

• J.B.
        Guild Navigator
        • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by TrekStar
        I do remember these from back in the day, can’t quite remember all the players except Cowboys and Steelers which were the two most popular teams of the time, maybe Dolphins and Rams too.
        From what I've seen, Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders and Dolphins are the most expensive on ebay.

Comment

• Ninersphan1
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 27, 2009

Always want these as a kid. the only place i ever saw them was in wish book catalogs from Pennys and Sears

Comment

• Myoldtoys
            Veteran Member
            • May 15, 2012

Nice job stringing Rocky. I like fixing toys, but that looks like one job I wouldn’t want to tackle. You don’t see these figures often at shows or in vintage stores. It’s good that you put in the effort to preserve them.

Comment

• rykerw1701
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 27, 2007

You're obviously a Steeler's fan. 20 years ago I was helping out with a small event at my company, and I got the lucky job of working with our speaker, Rocky Bleier. He's a wonderfully gracious man, and was happy to sign my Steelers mini-helmet just because I asked.

Comment

• ScottA
                Original Member
                • Jun 25, 2001

I collected these for awhile but ended up with more apart than together.
                sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• J.B.
                  Guild Navigator
                  • Jun 23, 2010

I certainly didn't do it correctly, but at least he's displayable and able to hold a stance, which is better than being in a Ziploc bag, looking like he came off the set from Dexter.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎