X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teemu
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by danadoll
    What is the point of this figure? He's not even accurate for a middle eastern Jewish man, he's the stereotypical "white Jesus"...Caucasian with blue eyes and light brown hair. Might as well have made Kenny Loggins or Richard Marx. LOL!

Dana
    Jesus also didn't have long hair and look like a bearded woman.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

We only know what what Jesus "looked like" from art--in which he's traditionally depicted with long hair.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        We only know what what Jesus "looked like" from art--in which he's traditionally depicted with long hair.
        It’s mostly Italian Renaissance art, some think he was dark skin or light brown, he was from Bethlehem which is the Middle East, and some think perhaps he was of an alien origin, it’s just what I hear and see on these television documentaries, but who really knows?

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

...And from my toast, of course.

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

Which is NOT the Jesus of the Bible. Jesus didn't have long hair or this verse would make no sense as Jesus knew no Sin.I Cor 11:14 "Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

I don't expect most of you to understand this,but My God and Saviour did NOT have long hair regardless of how man likes to depict him.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I understand your clarification and now I also understand you better.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• RonnyG
                Career Member
                • Apr 23, 2014

The nice thing is that he has rooted hair, so if it is too long, it can be cut.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Teemu
                  Which is NOT the Jesus of the Bible. Jesus didn't have long hair or this verse would make no sense as Jesus knew no Sin.I Cor 11:14 "Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

I don't expect most of you to understand this,but My God and Saviour did NOT have long hair regardless of how man likes to depict him.
                  Its all speculation of course unless you do in fact have a time machine.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    Its all speculation of course unless you do in fact have a time machine.
                    A time machine wouldn’t help. But then, I pray to Jack Kirby, who did in fact have short hair.
                    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎