Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Collector Canine
    • Aug 21, 2020

Ultraman Release Date?

Wasn't Ultraman supposed to be on shelves at Walmart by now? Didn't Mego tell us "Mid-November?" We're pretty late into November now and, as far as I know, nobody's seen it at Walmart. My local Walmart has had nothing but a bunch of Legolas and Aragorn with some of the horror figures being stocked every now and then for 4 months now, so I'm doubting whether I'll ever see it at all. It's sad because it is a figure I'd love to own and my only other option is to pre-order it from an online retailer. Going that route, I'd be waiting longer to obtain one (the release date for them is in January or February I think) and have to pay the shipping cost on top of that. At this point, my hand might be forced towards that direction unless I'm wrong. Am I wrong?
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

It was not promised for mid November. The advance Wal-Mart characters are Creature, Saru and Chucky. Ultra-Man will be out in January.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

I believe Marty said something to the effect that he'd ship at the end of August in that wonky Ultraman day interview he did. Since then they've said it'll be in the new year, but if you only saw that interview you might think he was supposed to be out now.

I'm stoked to get him in January!

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
        Career Member
        • Sep 5, 2005

While the shipping cost is a factor, my opinion is that you'll likely get one sooner by ordering from someone like Frank Wojo than you will searching one out at WallyWorld. We don't even know, at east to my knowledge, if WW has ordered more assortments, but we certainly know Frank has ordered from L2P.

Comment

• Collector Canine
          • Aug 21, 2020

Originally posted by palitoy
          It was not promised for mid November. The advance Wal-Mart characters are Creature, Saru and Chucky. Ultra-Man will be out in January.
          It appears I have misread many things said in the past. I apologize for the mistake. I remember it being said Ultraman is part of the advance Walmart set in the past, but I'm definitely wrong.
          Also, a question: does ZLC Collectibles charge pre-orders when you place the order or when the items ship?
          Last edited by Collector Canine; Nov 25, '20, 12:49 AM.

Comment

• tatsunokofan
            • Dec 5, 2019

Hi all!

Originally posted by Collector Canine
            Also, a question: does ZLC Collectibles charge pre-orders when you place the order or when the items ship?
            They charge when you place your order, so it's all paid for and ready to go once they receive their stock.

James

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

It goes without saying I'll be buying duplicates from this line. I about did back flips when this was first announced. A life long fan of the original series and a dream come true. I like the Popy homage. Great sensibilities in the design by all involved. Love it.

Comment

• thomascrz
                • Nov 25, 2020

Originally posted by Collector Canine
                It appears I have misread many things said in the past. I apologize for the mistake. I remember it being said Ultraman is part of the advance Walmart set in the past, but I'm definitely wrong.
                There are two megocorp instagram posts that explicitly say Ultraman will be in Walmart in November. So maybe you did not misread anything.

Comment

• Collector Canine
                  • Aug 21, 2020

Originally posted by thomascrz
                  There are two megocorp instagram posts that explicitly say Ultraman will be in Walmart in November. So maybe you did not misread anything.
                  Oh well. I already pre-ordered Ultraman and Ultraseven from ZLC Collectibles anyway. lol

Comment

• Confessional
                    Maker & Whatnot
                    • Aug 8, 2012

Looks like he's live in Australia; seller has Wonka too: https://www.ebay.com/itm/MEGO-ULTRAM...YAAOSwwoRf1E9s

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

I've heard Hammer Dracula could show up before Christmas as well.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• toothaction
                        Career Member
                        • Jul 15, 2017

Any new word about when Ultraman will be appearing somewhere other than nebula M78?
                        >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎