Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OK...here's a mystery for you. The two-headed Opera Ghost!

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    Maybe the original tool got damaged and they had to make a new mold using a secondary sculpt?
    Yeah I feel like it was something like this. Perhaps, going even a step further, the original mold was damaged and a resculpt of it was made. I would guess, since no one knows anything about it, that it's very possible that this was done at the factory level, without ever informing Sideshow or anyone involved. The second sculpt looks like a bootleg of the first sculpt, with possibly some amateur sculpting work done on it. So maybe it happened at the factory level because of a damaged mold.

Quote Originally Posted by ODBJBG View Post
    Yeah I feel like it was something like this. Perhaps, going even a step further, the original mold was damaged and a resculpt of it was made. I would guess, since no one knows anything about it, that it's very possible that this was done at the factory level, without ever informing Sideshow or anyone involved. The second sculpt looks like a bootleg of the first sculpt, with possibly some amateur sculpting work done on it. So maybe it happened at the factory level because of a damaged mold.
    That is a very plausible explanation.
    Especially with everything made over in China these days.

Aren't the Silver Screen versions in black and white ? The second head shown doesn't look like black and white.

Images
    Blog Entries
    He's saying that the Silver Screen B&W head is the same sculpt as the second-edition colored head shown above.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.