• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Dun..dun..dun!! Rambo He-Man!

rambohm.JPG

See, I wasn't joking. Okay, he is actually called Jungle Attack He-Man but you get the idea. He's not terrible. Certainly way better than Samurai He-Man. The figure is kind of a pain to stand, though. That pose is the only way I can get him to stand without falling over.

Odd variants aside, I think one of my biggest pet peeves of the 2002 line is they made the new figures bigger than the originals but made Battle Cat and Panthor slightly smaller than the original ones. So He-Man and Skeletor look a little awkward riding Battle Cat and Panthor. I do give them credit for flocking Panthor. That was cool.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

I wasn't a fan of all the variants, though Ice Armor He Man is badass.

But Imlove the sculpts and details. I wish they had been as articulated as the original sculpts. I really think it would have avoided the comparisons to crap like Total Justice and GIJoe Extreme. The sculptors wanted these to have knees, and elbows, but Mattel nixed it.
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Of the variants I like the Battle Sound figures the best. They look pretty sharp and the talking action feature is really nice
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• B-Lister
          Eccentric Weirdo
          • Mar 19, 2010

The armor on those was pretty cool. And homaged the old battlearmor figures without being complete retreads of them.
          Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

It's easy to look back at the "pre posed" 90s/early 2000s figures and scoff at them, but I look at it now as a natural in-between stage between standard POA, vintage Star Wars-like figures, and the Marvel Legends standards we expect now. These figures were frozen in the poses you can achieve with the super-articulated modern figures.

Of course the odd thing is, GI Joe: RAH was pretty well articulated at nearly half the size. It's weird that kind of figure design was all but abandoned for the better part of a decade, and not pushed forward.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎