X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Hair paint for hatted heads?

Question: If I have to repaint the hair on a factory head and it will then wear a hat, what is the best (most durable, that will not stick to the hat) paint to use?

I was thinking automotive vinyl spray paint.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

The automobile spray paint is powerful stuff. I sprayed a little into a plastic cup so I could do some detail work with brushes. I left it for a few minutes to gather my supplies, and when I returned it had already eaten through the bottom of the cup and made a mess of my kitchen table and floor. Thankfully we were able to clean it all up... but all the same... I don't think I'm going to mess with that stuff anymore.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Hmmm. Sounds promising lol. Like Alien blood, but paint.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Use a glass jar instead of plastic.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Any recommendations on the auto interior paint--I see Colorbond, SEM, And Duplicolor...

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎