Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek licensing

Star Trek licensing

Can someone explain to me the Star Trek licensing that Mego has? I thought it only included the older shows but since we are getting 3 characters from the new series I am wondering if any characters are fair game depending on actor/actress?

The reason I am asking is to understand if there is any chance of the newer movie characters being made? While TOS is my favorite and those characters hold a special place in my heart I really love collecting any Trek figure and would find the remake characters awesome to have. I'm not expecting the whole bridge since we haven't even gotten that from TOS but I would love a few like Spock, Uhura, Scotty and Kirk... hell maybe even Jaylah and Nero.

My understanding is the license is for everything except the J.J. Abrams movies. That was said a few years ago, I don’t know if anything has changed.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonGhost View Post
    My understanding is the license is for everything except the J.J. Abrams movies. That was said a few years ago, I don’t know if anything has changed.
    Thank you. I guess that would make sense. I'm hoping they can do a soft reboot with the newer movies. I liked the actors and characters but didn't like the stories very much. My favorite was probably the 3rd one.

I would much rather have TMP figures. I loved the wrath of Khan figures released but I want those grey suits!

That would make sense, except STD is also a JarJar Abrams/Bad Reboot creation, as is Picard and Lower Decks.

It’s just as well, anyway. The Bad Reboot merchandise just doesn’t seem to move the way TOS and TNG merchandise does.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Bei View Post
    That would make sense, except STD is also a JarJar Abrams/Bad Reboot creation, as is Picard and Lower Decks.

It’s just as well, anyway. The Bad Reboot merchandise just doesn’t seem to move the way TOS and TNG merchandise does.
    Star Trek ended in 1986 so it doesn’t matter to me.

I'd like to see more figures from the 70s cartoon.

Star Trek ended in 1986 so it doesn’t matter to me.
    That doesn’t even include all the TOS movies, lol.

For me Trek essentially ended with “All Good Things...”, though I did enjoy ENT and DS9 as well.

Images
    But what would God want with an action figure?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LonnieFisher View Post
    I'd like to see more figures from the 70s cartoon.
    I have no doubt that Arex and M'Ress would do well.

By design.