X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

RC Batman Bruce Head Blue Spots

I recently purchased a vintage RC Batman. I mostly bought it for the Bruce head. As is often common with these figures, he has a few blue spots on his face from decades of wearing the Batman mask. Since this is a pretty common issue, I was curious if there is a well know way to remove those spots? These aren't too bad, a bit faint at parts. But I would like to remove them. Thought I'd ask here.

Any help would be appreciated!
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I seem to recall folks using this. http://www.twinpines.com/remove-zit
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Sometimes Remove-Zit worked for me, sometimes not. It's perishable. Some collectors have suggested benzoyl peroxide acne paste as a cheaper, more accessible alternative to Remove-Zit.

I'd recommend testing anything on the neck plug first.

I do not store my RC Batman wearing his cowl because of the staining you mention.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by PNGwynne

I do not store my RC Batman wearing his cowl because of the staining you mention.
        I use a thin piece of cling wrap on the head.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

That's a good idea--like a lining?
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

The Remove-Zit product is benzoyl peroxide cream; just three or four time more expensive. Over the counter benzoyl peroxide cream works well to remove those blue marks, as well as othe stains like jewelry marks on Barbie heads. I haven't tried it to see if it will pull the dye out of the modern plastics that seem very succeptable to color transfer. i.e. Modern mego limbs and black textiles, or the BBP Doctor Who head I have with red dye on it from the scarf.

I have used the plastic wrap idea to try to keep my vintage Cheron from bleeding. Had not thought of that for other dye transfer issues on vintage stuff.

Comment

• drquest
              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
              • Apr 17, 2012

I've used the RemoveZit on a number of GiJoes. For some reason I was getting a lot of painted hair black action soldiers with marker beards on them. Obviously that's a pretty scarce and expensive figure and after several applications of RemoveZit the marker is totally gone. I can't even pick those out on my shelves they look so good.

With that being said, I haven't tried it on a Mego head, but the stuff does work. I think I'm going to check my RC Batman right now as I can't remember how I have him displayed...

Just checked, and I have him displayed in the window box with cowl off
              Last edited by drquest; Nov 21, '20, 3:36 PM.
              Danny(Drquest)
              Captain Action HQ
              Retro shirts and stuff
              More retro shirts
              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I've used the acne creme a few times since the OP with excellent results, both om Mego heads and fashion doll bodies.

Comment

• Confessional
                  Maker & Whatnot
                  • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Me too… recently used the acne creme on a vintage head that had a giant (into the nose folds and mouth) mustache drawn in alcohol based marker. 3 applications with plastic wrap in the sun; gone in two days with quite impressive results. Looks brand new again.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                    Permanent Member
                    • Mar 7, 2011

I just used remove zit to restore a pretty bad Action Jackson... you can see the progress on Facebook Mego Action Jackson and Friends

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎