X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
    if you already have HBO on cable, then max will be free. otherwise it's like $14.99 a month to subscribe
    Did you read all my previous post?

40 Year HBO subscriber here. Yes, I know...
    sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Hector
      Did you read all my previous post?
      apparently not

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
        apparently not

Anyway, I just installed all my Firesticks, it’s friggin awesome. I added CBS All Access. I already had Disney Plus, Hulu, and Amazon Prime. I might add Apple TV + because I want to watch Tom Hanks WWII boat vs submarine movie, Greyhound.

Now I gotta call Xfinity tomorrow and drop their HBO and other premium channels. Then I’ll sign up HBO Max through the Firestick app.

Gotta start shopping for some DVRs...because I’m dropping those from Xfinity as well. I’m not perpetually renting their equipment anymore.

On my way to slowly cutting the cable cord, just a few more things to do...

Last edited by Hector; Dec 6, '20, 8:47 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• drquest
          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
          • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Hector

Anyway, I just installed all my Firesticks, it’s friggin awesome. I added CBS All Access. I already had Disney Plus, Hulu, and Amazon Prime. I might add Apple TV + because I want to watch Tom Hanks WWII boat vs submarine movie, Greyhound.

Now I gotta call Xfinity tomorrow and drop their HBO and other premium channels. Then I’ll sign up HBO Max through the Firestick app.

Gotta start shopping for some DVRs...because I’m dropping those from Xfinity as well. I’m not perpetually renting their equipment anymore.

On my way to slowly cutting the cable cord, just a few more things to do...

Well that was quick
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Retro shirts and stuff
          More retro shirts
          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by drquest
            Well that was quick

Wonder Woman 1984 was the culprit. I gotta see that movie on the first day of its release...

BTW, Firestick is great. It smokes Xfinity left and right.

Thanks for your wise recommendations.
            sigpic

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Interesting thread (that I just found). The most interesting thing is how everyone's movie going experience is so different. I love having new movies available at home, even though I don't have a giant screen flat TV with a sound system, LOL. As others have said, this was coming, but the pandemic sped up the process. On Christmas day, a day I never go to the movies, I will be at home watching Wonder Woman 84 and Pixar's Soul on Disney+ and I love it!

I hate what it will do to people working in the industry. But history shows that technological advances has this effect, once businesses realize the benefits and sees a way to make money from those technological advances. In New York state, we just went to tollbooth-less thruways; it's all automated with no need for tollbooths anymore. I have mixed emotions because all of the tollbooth workers were let go or reassigned and I feel terrible for them. But my commute to work has been greatly improved without having to go through tollbooths. Progress wins, as it should, but with casualties, as there always are.

Personally, if we ever get back to normal, I will still go to movie theaters regardless. Like with any public activity, there is good and bad, but I enjoy going to a theater, buying my tub of popcorn and drinks (I LOVE movie theater popcorn! My Mother and I used to go into the lobby, get popcorn, and leave, LOL!), going to my pre-picked assigned recliner or old school stadium pick 'em seat, getting comfy, turning OFF my cellular phone, making one last bathroom run, getting comfy again, eating half the popcorn while watching previews ("Oh, that looks good!"... "Pass"... "Interesting!"...), and then watching the lights go out completely and settling in for what I hope is a entertaining movie.

I don't go to see a lot of movies, but when I do decide to go, I overall enjoy the experience.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

This movie is very hard to watch. Nothing like the first one. I'm 22 minutes in and not very interested in it so far. Very "cringe"...

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                  Permanent Member
                  • Sep 15, 2014

I watched ww84 today and I gotta say I wasn't impressed. It wasn't what I was expecting. Like Superman 3 it could pass as a bronze age comic plot but I think fans wanted something else.

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Not really spoilers, but my take so far might sour some viewers....so the following is by scrolling down.....

I’m one hour into it...and I’d have to agree...cringe is the first thing that comes to mind. It’s like Patty Jenkins wanted a sequel to 1970s Lynda Carter’s Wonder Woman show, both campy. That’s why I wasn’t a huge fan of the 1970s WW show myself.

But I’ll keep watching...
                    Last edited by Hector; Dec 25, '20, 8:07 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Even in its later seasons, I would not consider 70's WW campy. That term is overused and misused IMO. If anything, the WW series became as pedestrian as Bionic Woman. Carter's show was a straightforward adventure show, without the satiric layer that distinguished the Batman series.

Regarding the sequel, I was hoping it would be engaging and entertaining. I was impressed by some of the trailer scenes.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Deleted because I liked the second viewing more, ha...
                        Last edited by Hector; Dec 26, '20, 6:45 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Despite some of my complaints about WW 1984, I’m still happy that I saw the movie at home. And despite its flaws, Gal Gadot still nails the role. She’s not the greatest actress in the world, but she’s still mesmerizing to look at...and she’s very likable, on and off screen.

Since it’s available to HBOMax subscribers for one month, I will watch it again.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

...and yes, there is a post credits scene...and it’s awesome...
                            sigpic

Comment

• MEMEGO
                              Career Member
                              • Sep 6, 2007

Long Drawn out movie. Has few plat holes.
                              I have a chistmas question. if you could wish for one thing what would it be?
                              If you were tasked with recinding that wish would you do it?

Comment

• Goblin19
                                Talkative Member
                                • May 2, 2002

Major come down from the first one, but not a terrible movie, just okay. The flaws are the bloated run time, a messy, somewhat goofy story, and just too much stuff crammed in. Gadot is still perfect for the part and Chris Pine is good, but wasted a bit. The action is good for the most part.
                                I’m not even sure why they CGed Wiig’s face. Would have been better with just her in the costume. No need for it.

And, no, I didn’t watch on HBOMax, in case you’re wondering.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎