Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast

Thread: Wonder Woman 1984 will be released in both theaters and HBO Max

Quote Originally Posted by drquest View Post
    What you're seeing means they don't have it on their Xfininty cable box yet. Your account should allow you to log in to HBO Max on something else. I have several smart TV's with HBO Max, Apple TV's etc.. Firestick from Amazon would work too and connect to your TV and those are $20-$30 and you'd have access to a lot more streaming stuff too, lots of free choices.
    I’ll get the cheaply priced Firestick then. Need three. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
    WB are releasing pretty much all their other upcoming movies to HBO Max, too. Including Dune.
    Great news!

Also the Sopranos prequel movie. Can’t wait for that one.

Images
    Yeah, I just read that any WB movie that is 2020 or later will only be released to HBO Max...no Netflix, etc.
    Mego...Re-Mego...It's all good!

Images
    Great news for those of us who have worked in the movie theatre business for 20 plus years. Thanks Warner Brothers, thank you for attempting to finish off the industry.

Sorry to put a negative spin on this, but to say the least, this is a kick in the teeth to everyone who works in the movie theater industry, including myself. Disney and WB could be ending much of our business before the pandemic even ends.

To be clear, I donít begrudge them doing this, especially with Wonder Woman. In the short term, it makes sense, but to announce it for all of 2021 is an attempt to kill the industry I love, or at least control it completely.

I will try to avoid this topic any further because it is clearly a very sore point for me as I consider having to leave the business altogether.

Images
    I'm sorry for everyone affected by the pandemic overall and these decisions specifically. I get the frustration with the announcement coming now and covering all of 2021 already, but I am not surprised, just disappointed. I live in North Carolina. There are several states that have been hit much worse by the pandemic than we have, but movie theaters closed in March. They were finally allowed to reopen in early November at 30% capacity, and that limitation has actually caused several just to remain closed. I'm not sure when they will give it another go, especially as the state may have more of a shutdown again. Our numbers are way up as a state right now, so there's at least thoughts of a full shutdown and certainly no expectation cinemas will increase capacity any time soon. So I'm not sure WB and Disney are doing any more specific damage here than the industry is just already feeling. There's no question it is reshaping things.

I'm a community theatre person. I've directed multiple shows, acted in many, stage managed far more. Currently, I'm head of our theatre's board, and we aren't sure we'll reopen. We basically limp through good months, and we've had no income since February. Whatever we do when we come out on the other side of this, it will be very different.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Images
    Itís brutal for live theatre, film festivals, concert venues and any other large gathering sites. I fear many will not make it back. I wish you luck. Many of us need it right now.

Images
    And apologies for hijacking the thread. Itís a very sensitive topic right now.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin19 View Post
    And apologies for hijacking the thread. It’s a very sensitive topic right now.
    I totally understand, and my heart goes out to all affected.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

I have not been to the theater since Aquaman. I have work on turning on my middle bedrooms into a Home Theater so my boyfriend & I can just go in there sit in the theater reclining seats, crank up the surround sound and enjoy watching the movie. Heck I even turned the closet into a snack room. The bonus when one of us has to go to the bathroom we can pause the movie!!! With more people putting in there own home theaters in there house with streaming services/blu-ray players I can see theaters going away

Now this comes from a guy who used to travel 2hrs to go and watch a movie in Houston at the AMC theater and use my AMC rewards card. I would spend the day in Houston including going to the club at night and then spend some quality time with...

.Now I will have no problem signing up for HBO Max.
    Last edited by monitor_ep; Dec 4, '20 at 6:17 AM.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

I cant see how movies coming out on this type of platform will make money, its going to be straight U know where for free, before hand U had to wait around for a decent copy, and now its instant.