Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I like both those channels very much but they don't speak for me.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Well, obviously me neither, but they are entertaining.
      sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

No way. I'm not watching any youtube videos on this. My tolerance level for rage merchants and "comic book guys" is non existent these days. Life is too short and time is too precious.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, I have little use for "ANGRY NERD" YouTube videos or podcasts. It's why my group at Fire and Water chose not to do a WW84 episode, despite having one on the schedule. None of us were over the moon about it, and we didn't want to be negative.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
            Museum Correspondent
            • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
            ^I don’t have any hate for it, the story just didn’t make sense.
            Exactly!

I don't mean to add any kerosene to the fire, but here's a healthy portion of kerosene! I'm usually disappointed with this channel, but this pitch pretty much nails the issues I had with the plot. And it's pretty funny if you're not taking the movie all that seriously. -

WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Wee67
              I'm usually disappointed with this channel, but this pitch pretty much nails the issues I had with the plot.
              I find Ryan George is usually entertaining and good hearted... regardless of whether he is doing a movie that is a classic or a dumpster fire.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by sprytel
                I find Ryan George is usually entertaining and good hearted... regardless of whether he is doing a movie that is a classic or a dumpster fire.
                Oh, really? I don’t care about angry fanboy bs either, so maybe I’ll have to check it out.

I love RLM and find their shows to be fun and usually not angry. It might be fair to say they’re angry at the angry fanboys.
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Pitch Meeting is by far the best thing Screen Rant has going.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                    Permanent Member
                    • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by palitoy
                    I've shied away from commenting because I felt the online vitriol somewhat over the top which seems to be the standard for any DC movie these days, it definitely needed tighter editing and it's plot is far too ambitious but there are nice moments in there and I thought the leads were appealing.

I was truly expecting the Cheetah storyline to be that tired old Jim Carrey Riddler/Jamie Foxx Electro thing but they went to the Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman routine, which felt less stale.

Overall, Ithought it was ok, I enjoyed it more than many recent Marvel movies but it's not in my top ten or anything.
                    I had high expectations based on the trailer , but lower expectations based on it being on HBO max. Was it the WW sequel I wanted, no. Was it another paint by numbers superhero movie , no it wasn't. I think the mlm conman being granted his every wish is a bad bronze age comic plot brought to life. Other smaller plot holes and the long run time I can look pass. I can see why its not for everyone but I'm not going to have a nerd rage meltdown like its the Phantom Menace.

Comment

• drquest
                      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                      • Apr 17, 2012

The Pitch Meeting above was spot on and hilarious.

I watched the move today and even for a popcorn type movie it was lacking in a lot of ways. Her apologizing for helping people was kind of weird, and the whole beginning part in 1984 was just way too silly IMO.
                      Danny(Drquest)
                      Captain Action HQ
                      Retro shirts and stuff
                      More retro shirts
                      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Adam West
                        Museum CPA
                        • Apr 14, 2003

I watched it and it was just ok...it didn't leave me on the edge of my seat or anything. One of my oldest son's (he is now 26) best friends growing up, texted me on the release date to tell me one of his best friends from childhood was in the movie for about 10 seconds (he was the cashier at Commander Salamander) so it was kind of cool to see someone who would come over to our house as a kid in the movie even though it was a very small role.
                        "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                        ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 3, 2009

new deep fake

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎