Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mego 1978 REImagined Catalog Project (Mint Off Card)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mego 1978 REImagined Catalog Project (Mint Off Card)

Let’s talk about the Mego 1978 REImagined Catalog project, a fan labour of love and how it managed to predict the future and what we hope still happens like Mego Star Wars. DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE COPY HERE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/js53d72bc8...ebook.pdf?dl=0 You can Pre-Order Q and dozens of other Mego characters from Entertainment Earth, proud sponsor of…

More...
  • Terron
    • Feb 22, 2008

Great video as always and thanks for the free PDF!

Still hoping for that Han and Luke...

Comment

• Neutron X
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 22, 2007

Cool! Fun video. Thanks for PDF! Great to see so many fun ideas have made it to production.

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

That was fun. And it was fun back then being (a small) part of this
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Confessional
          Maker & Whatnot
          • Aug 8, 2012

This project definitely inspired me to make more customs back then. Seeing so much effort put in for the love of Megos was motivating and remains a fun reference point in my studio.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
            Career Member
            • Jul 23, 2019

We should pool our talents and make a new edition of this catalogue. There are surely new Mego enthusiasts (myself included) who were not around when the first reimagined catalogue was produced, but if we all work together perhaps we can do this again and update it to include figures who still haven't been realized offically in 8-inch scale as well as new ideas and new customs. It could be a lot of work, but it could also be a lot of fun.
            "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Confessional
              This project definitely inspired me to make more customs back then. Seeing so much effort put in for the love of Megos was motivating and remains a fun reference point in my studio.
              Same here. Many of those figures are the reason I got into customizing! I have so much love for this project, and my physical copy of the catalog is one of my prized possessions (although I'm excited to have it in PDF now too).

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

It's really nice to hear the catalog inspired others to create, how validating.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

One of the best things to come out of the museum IMO.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

this catalog was so much fun. my son was practically drooling over the Stars Wars pictures when it came out

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎