X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YoungOnce
    Career Member
    • Aug 29, 2007

Any conventions still happening?

I miss being able to go peruse a convention floor. Last month I found one in Dayton (they were exercising competent social distancing measures). It was good to see some old toys, old comic books and be among fellow nerds.

I understand why they have all been cancelled, but I figured if Dayton pulled theirs off, someone else might attempt one too.
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

^With numbers surging everywhere, I would bet many plans for conventions have been walked back.

Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable going to one now, unfortunately.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Come to Florida our motto is “we don’t care”
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable going to one now, unfortunately.
        Yeah, I'm in that boat too. Especially considering one of our local promoters used the event FB page to share his "theories".
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mr.Marion
          Permanent Member
          • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by palitoy
          Yeah, I'm in that boat too. Especially considering one of our local promoters used the event FB page to share his "theories".
          Oh boy, I think an open dialog is healthy. But when freedom fanatics who deny there is a virus clash with paranoid germaphobes, there isn't a middle ground to be found.

Conventions I would say between now and February would be few and far between. As far as Toy shows that depends on which state you are in. Michigan has one of more strict guidelines on indoor events while Ohio is more relaxed.

Watching the NFL game Stadiums should show you where each City/state stands.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Please don't label me. I simply don't have confidence that the reasonable mandated guidelines would be adhered to by this individual and his bad PR decision.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
              Oh boy, I think an open dialog is healthy. But when freedom fanatics who deny there is a virus clash with paranoid germaphobes, there isn't a middle ground to be found.

Conventions I would say between now and February would be few and far between. As far as Toy shows that depends on which state you are in. Michigan has one of more strict guidelines on indoor events while Ohio is more relaxed.

Watching the NFL game Stadiums should show you where each City/state stands.
              and therein lies the problem, it needs to be a uniform policy cross country not the hodge podge that exists. There are reasons that numbers are skyrocketing now. The reason to stop/ slow the spread is to not tax the health care system so it doesn't collapse. The mask mandates and gathering restrictions do not infringe on peoples freedoms, unless its the freedom to spread disease to others.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

vaccine was revealed by pfizer to be 95% effective, which is apparently in line with the measles vac and others. they are pushing it forward for approval and so we may see it starting to get out there by the end of the year. I am in the camp of just staying home. it sucks, but not as much as dying would. or even being deathly ill for weeks.

with any luck by spring things can start to go back to normal

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

The general population will not receive the vaccine within the next two months.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

Honestly, I think we will all still be wearing masks come spring, hopefully I’m wrong.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      The general population will not receive the vaccine within the next two months.
                      that gives us time to see if there are side effects in the people who get it before us

Comment

• Godzilla
                        Permanent Member
                        • Nov 3, 2002

I so miss conventions. I typically would go to 5or 6 a year. A agree on not going to one anytime soon. But, wow do I miss them.
                        Mortui Vivos Docent
                        The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎