Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazon Wonder Girl Arrowverse TV Series?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Amazon Wonder Girl Arrowverse TV Series?

DC Comics has even released the new comic books that will star Yara Flor, the Brazilian Amazon but now they are in talks of doing a TV series that will include her into the Arrowverse - CWVerse

Yara Flor, the Brazilian Amazon.jpgYara Flor, the Brazilian Amazon 2.jpg

Flor, "a Latina Dreamer who was born of an Amazonian Warrior and a Brazilian River God, learns that she is Wonder Girl, and with her newfound power must fight the evil forces that would seek to destroy the world." Dailyn Rodriguez will serve as executive producer and co-showrunner, along with Berlanti Productions' Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and David Madden. "Yara does have some connection to the Amazons, and part of what we'll discover in her origin is what activates her position, what makes her Wonder Woman at this time," Superman Group Editor Jamie S. Rich said of Flor in relation to DC Future State, an upcoming publishing initiative that will explore the future of the DC Universe. "She's from Brazil, but was an immigrant to America. There's also that element of her story. Even though we'll see her currently active as Wonder Woman, eventually we'll learn what her origin is - partially her figuring out what that means, where she's from, why this is her, how she relates to Diana, how she relates to the other Amazons." Wonder Girl has yet to receive a premiere date.

I guess with Supergirl going away this opened up a new series. I am confused as to why they would go with a new character that might not go over well in the comic books. I would have gone with Nubia or even the Legends Of Tomorrow Helen of troy/Themyscira since she has had screen time.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Maybe they decided a new character would allow them more freedom to be non-canonical. No one will get upset with changes to a character with which no one is emotionally in. Their previous successes would say they really don't have to worry about going their own way, but its just a guess.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
      Banned
      • Jun 23, 2001

There is a online article that basically says that Jim Lee is leaving DC and that DC will only be publishing about 12 titles...and that is basically it:

https://cosmicbook.news/dc-comics-cl...RcccD23U8YlcaA

Sad way to end 80+ years in comics.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

And the source is Van Sciver lol.
        Originally posted by Blue Meanie
        There is a online article that basically says that Jim Lee is leaving DC and that DC will only be publishing about 12 titles...and that is basically it:

https://cosmicbook.news/dc-comics-cl...RcccD23U8YlcaA

Sad way to end 80+ years in comics.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Blue Meanie
          Banned
          • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          And the source is Van Sciver lol.
          Don't know who he is. Is he anti DC or is he a higher up? Curious to know. Or is he a BS artist?

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

Ethan Van Sciver is a comic artist.Did Green Lantern: Rebirth

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

And yeah he’s kinda got an axe to grind at dc
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, Van Sciver has become "that guy" yelling in the corner. Until I hear it from another source, I won't really believe it.

But it wouldn't surprise me.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                  Banned
                  • Jun 23, 2001

Thanks for the information on Van Sciver. Don't know a lot of the newer artists except for guys like Lopresti and Reis. Lopresti I know from when he was at Malibu and Crossgen. Reis I know from all of the pre-lim covers I see on Ebay when I look for original art. Reis is basically what Gil Kane and Marie Severin were at Marvel...they laid out a LOT of covers for other artists to use when Marvel was an well oiled machine back in the 70's.

I really do think that some of the stuff that was mentioned in the article will happen. AT&T is losing money left and right and it would make sense to reel in the comic book division of their company. Pains me to see it, because I have been a DC reader since as far back as I can remember, but it needs to be done. There really is no need for 20 different Superman and Batman related titles when you can't even break 100,000 print runs on the most wanted ones of the 20 titles.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

well the announced Black lightning was cancelled today so i guess they are making room for new shows

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                      Banned
                      • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                      well the announced Black lightning was cancelled today so i guess they are making room for new shows
                      https://tvline.com/2020/11/20/black-...hnERkQJrqfWqzk

Comment

• monitor_ep
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 11, 2013

But there is a spinoff from Black Lighting, Painkiller....
                        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• powersthatbe
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 27, 2010

i do hope before it's done they do a flashback episode where BL is in his prime.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                            Don't know who he is. Is he anti DC or is he a higher up? Curious to know. Or is he a BS artist?
                            look up comicsgate, he was part of that movement, its pretty obvious why he's on the naughty list.
                            Last edited by thunderbolt; Nov 21, '20, 5:42 AM.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                              Banned
                              • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              look up comicsgate, he was part of that movement, its pretty obvious why he's on the naughty list.
                              Comicsgate I do remember. I'll check it out. That whole think was just utterly stupid. I guess people don't like change as far as their superheroes go.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎