X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Cap'n Crunch cereal

I think they just changed the formula for Cap'n Crunch. It's my second favorite cereal after Quisp. They usually taste just about exactly the same. Quisp isn't sold around here and so I usually get Cap'n Crunch. I got a box of the Crunch that doesn't taste like used to. I think the new version sucks. I'm going to have to throw it away. My third favorite is Crunch Berries. I opened a box of those before the box of regular style, and it sits uneaten. I thought it tasted stale, even though it is far from being expired. I'm now thinking that they changed the formula for that one, also. So, I checked the internet and found someone complaining about Peanut Butter Crunch not tasting like it used to. I'm going to have to contact Quaker and let them know they lost a customer for some of their cereal. I have four boxes of Crunch Berries and one of the regular style unopened, that I will never eat. So much for stocking up! Anybody else here that eats the Crunch? Have you had any lately? What do you think about the new taste?
    On the other hand, they have a Cotton Candy Crunch out right now that I think is pretty awesome tasting!
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
    I think they just changed the formula for Cap'n Crunch. It's my second favorite cereal after Quisp. They usually taste just about exactly the same. Quisp isn't sold around here and so I usually get Cap'n Crunch. I got a box of the Crunch that doesn't taste like used to. I think the new version sucks. I'm going to have to throw it away. My third favorite is Crunch Berries. I opened a box of those before the box of regular style, and it sits uneaten. I thought it tasted stale, even though it is far from being expired. I'm now thinking that they changed the formula for that one, also. So, I checked the internet and found someone complaining about Peanut Butter Crunch not tasting like it used to. I'm going to have to contact Quaker and let them know they lost a customer for some of their cereal. I have four boxes of Crunch Berries and one of the regular style unopened, that I will never eat. So much for stocking up! Anybody else here that eats the Crunch? Have you had any lately? What do you think about the new taste?
    On the other hand, they have a Cotton Candy Crunch out right now that I think is pretty awesome tasting!
    I just bought a box of Oops! All Berries last week and it tastes the same as always. Maybe there was a bad batch?

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

I don’t like sugary cereals anymore. The ones I like now are regular Corn Flakes and Cheerios. I might go nuts and go for Honey Nut Cheerios sometimes. I like to add fruits like bananas, strawberries, and blueberries.

But as a kid, my favorite was Honeycomb, Frosted Flakes, Cocoa Puffs, and Sugar Pops.

Anyway, I wanted to relieve my childhood a few years ago, so I bought Honeycomb for the first time in about 20 years. It was not the same cereal. So I read up on it, and sure enough, they changed the recipe/ingredients. I guess they are shooting for healthier stuff, but sacrificing that old school flavor of yesteryear.

So I can relate, that’s why I decided to chime in despite not eating sugary cereals anymore.
      Last edited by Hector; Nov 15, '20, 1:42 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Liu Bei
        Banned
        • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Hector
        I don’t like sugary cereals anymore. The ones I like now are regular Corn Flakes and Cheerios. I might go nuts and go for Honey Nut Cheerios sometimes. I like to add fruits like bananas, strawberries, and blueberries.

But as a kid, my favorite was Honeycomb, Frosted Flakes, Cocoa Puffs, and Sugar Pops.

Anyway, I wanted to relieve my childhood a few years ago, so I bought Honeycomb for the first time in about 20 years. It was not the same cereal. So I read up on it, and sure enough, they changed the recipe/ingredients. I guess they are shooting for healthier stuff, but sacrificing that old school flavor of yesteryear.

So I can relate, that’s why I decided to chime in despite not eating sugary cereals anymore.
        The Monster cereals changed their recipes too. The two biggest changes for nearly all these breakfast cereals was switching from Oat flour to Whole grain corn, and getting ride of food dye to create the different colors. They also cut down on sugar content as well.

I mostly eat Post Raisin Bran now (don’t buy Kellogg’s products), though I will occasionally substitute it with Cheerios or some other brands from Post and General Mills.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

And I don't know what they did to Cocoa Krispies but it tastes as bland as the box it comes in. If you go thru the customer service at Kellogg's they will reimburse you.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

Fruity Pebbles taste weird now too. Golden Grahams are still good though.

Comment

• RonnyG
              Career Member
              • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by sprytel
              Fruity Pebbles taste weird now too.
              Last time I had Cocoa Pebbles, it did not taste as good as I remembered. I thought it was my changing taste buds. It never occurred to me that maybe they changed their ingredients.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

Cap'n Crunch was one of my favourite childhood cereals. It's been about a year since I had a box... I really hope they haven't changed it.

The Monster cereals changed their recipes too.
                Yeah, I did notice that they'd changed the Monster cereals significantly the last time I had them.
                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• apes3978
                  Permanent Member
                  • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                  . My third favorite is Crunch Berries.

I don't remember what they're actually called, but Malt O Meal has a very good Crunch Berries knock off... Comes in a yellow box... They probably sell it in bags like they sell most of their other cereals too...

This may be something you'd want to try? I bought it a couple of times, and thought it was as good as the Cap'n Crunch Crunch Berries cereal...

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

My least favorites even as a kid...Fruity Pebbles, Lucky Charms, and Froot Loops.

Never liked those multi-colored cereals for some reason.
                    sigpic

Comment

• apes3978
                      Permanent Member
                      • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Hector
                      My least favorites even as a kid...Fruity Pebbles, Lucky Charms, and Froot Loops.

Never liked those multi-colored cereals for some reason.
                      Fruity Pebbles, I can take or leave, same with Froot Loops... But I still like Lucky Charms.

Comment

• glimpy
                        Loco Chango
                        • Feb 5, 2012

The crunch and berries are my favourite but now they've added different colors. I used to eat a nice bowl and watch the super friends
                        sigpic

Comment

• favoritemonsters
                          • Aug 4, 2018

Where's the love for QUAKE ?
                          (Still sore we lost the life or death contest)

Comment

• sprytel
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by glimpy
                            The crunch and berries are my favourite but now they've added different colors. I used to eat a nice bowl and watch the super friends
                            As a kid, I would eat around the crunchberries and save them all to the end... and the mouthfuls of crunchberries were magnificent! Now they have different colors and the all berries boxes... Kids today... lol

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

I called them and they said there was no formula change. Strange that they taste bad now...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎