Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YoungOnce
    Career Member
    • Aug 29, 2007

1. Favorite Bond> Sean Connery... he set the template and had the hardest job. Others put their own stamp on it, but for me, he’s the gold standard.
    2. Favorite movie> Goldfinger... though Moonraker has a special place just because of the time in my life it came along, and I have nostalgia for any movie I saw at a drive-in
    3. Favorite song> Goldfinger, though again for nostalgia reasons, Nobody Does It Better pushes my buttons.
    4. Favorite Villian> so many... Jaws had a great run of movies and was a worthy adversary. Telly Sevalas Blofeld... Christopher Lee in Golden Gun... Hugo Drax was a great comic book-like villian.
    5. Favorite Bond Lady> Honey Rider is iconic and in the top somewhere... Dianna Rigg as Mrs Bond managed to be a Bond girl with great dignity... as far as sex appeal, Plenty O’Toole had it going on, short as her screen time was...

Least favorite movie> A View to a Kill didn’t seem to offer much new and I missed not seeing the exotic locales, a big part of the Bond movies for me. Also had probably the worst opening title sequence IMO.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

1. Who is your favorite James Bond ?

Roger Moore … he was my childhood and young adulthood Bond

2. What is your favorite James Bond movie ?

Live and Let Die … first Bond movie I ever see at the theatre

3. What is your favorite James Bond intro (song) ?

The Spy Who Loved Me with All Time High as a close second

4. Who is your favorite James Bond bad guy(gal) ?

Donald Pleasance as Blofeld

5. Who is your favorite James Bond "girl" ? … to be clear, fav actress in a JB movie

Jane Seymour … she was smoking hot

Comment

• megomania
        Persistent Member
        • Jan 2, 2010

Technically, Live and Let Die is by both Paul and Linda

-Chris

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Sean Connery and Daniel Craig, and maybe call me boring but I really liked the movie Dr. No.
          and as for Bond girls, take your pick, although I did meet Jane Seymour a few years ago at my local mall, she was there selling paintings, jewelry and her book Open Hearts, which she autographed for me.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Rewatched Thunderball last night (thanks to free Hulu) …

I forgot how decent of a movie it is … never seems to get the love it deserves

I read (adjusted for current prices) it was the most successful James Bond movie EVER

Comment

• rykerw1701
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by Mikey
              Rewatched Thunderball last night (thanks to free Hulu) …

I forgot how decent of a movie it is … never seems to get the love it deserves

I read (adjusted for current prices) it was the most successful James Bond movie EVER

I just rewatched it again as well, and had the same response. It had been years since I saw it. It's really good and does deserve more credit. Then I watched "You Only Live Twice" and I thought just the opposite. Not particularly good at all. It's better than "Diamonds are Forever" or "Never Say Never Again" but they're all in the group of Meh.

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

I like Diamonds are Forever … Jimmy Dean always got a lot of flak for his portrayal of a Howard Hughes-ish clone but I think he did a decent job... He was likable in the role.

Bruce Glover (Crispin Glover's father) and Putter Smith were perfectly hilarious as Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd --- These guys seem like they were plucked right out of an Austin Powers movie

And James Bond's new car, a Ford Mustang ….. That's just icing on the cake

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by rykerw1701
                  I just rewatched it again as well, and had the same response. It had been years since I saw it. It's really good and does deserve more credit. Then I watched "You Only Live Twice" and I thought just the opposite. Not particularly good at all. It's better than "Diamonds are Forever" or "Never Say Never Again" but they're all in the group of Meh.
                  I think of the first four films as a set, wherein there's a sense of suspense and real espionage. With YOLT, the series begins to become mannered and parodical. I do think, though, that OHMSS is a great later film, better than the one either before or after.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Goblin19
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 2, 2002

I think I like Diamonds Are Forever better than most of you, but agree with You Only Live Twice. That was the first one that just didn’t work, though not terrible. Thunderball is good, but I do think the underwater battle is a bit slow.

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

I generally like You Only Live Twice but it was clearly padded to get a proper length movie --- In the middle it seems to go on forever.

Even the mini-copter battle scene gets boring after a few minutes.

Theme song --- I don't hate it, but it usually gives me a headache

Donald Pleasence exceptionally shines as Blofeld --- His version has to be the creepiest and scariest Blofeld EVER.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

I like Diamonds, I've always appreciated camp.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Goblin19
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 2, 2002

It leads well into the Roger Noore era.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡