X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Marvel's Iceman--WWMD?

I'm trying to think of an "easy" custom I can do without assistance and mostly from parts on hand.

I've always liked Iceman since seeing him and Spidey fight Equinox in the comics and also in Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends.

My question is, do you think a Mego Iceman would look better with cuffed or standard boots? I lsomewhat like the cuffed ones, but the Mego era straddles his costume tweaking and maybe the standard boots are "classic"?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

I kinda think Mego would have gone the Torch method and had no boots at all, but would have been non-cuffed if they chose to put them on. It is your custum, tho, so really if it feels better for you with the cuffed boots, do that.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

That's a good point about the unitard. I have an extra Andorian bodysuit, so I want to vary the textures a bit.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

Maybe another alternative would be sewn boots? Not really Mego-esqe, tho. But it does add a dimension to the figure and the textiles while not being as bulky as plastic boots. I think Mego would have gone with no boots, but might have had some screen printed accents to break up the onesie.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Scott Metzger-stye? As you say, not "Mego" but would certainly look streamlined and add variety.

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

Yeah - Like Metzger and others have done for super booties.

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

Super booties. Should trademark that...

I imagine Mego would have forgone the cost of the boots if they could justify it by saying it's the modern look, but that could be kind of stark, especially in white/silver. THe boots would break that up a little.

What head are you thinking of using?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Ach, I don't know yet--Brian Leitner had a good one.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

depends on what time line you're imagining this is coming out. Post 76- Conan boots.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Yeah, like a "wave five"--Megoey, but spiffier.

You mention something I hadn't considered, I was thinking the taller pirate cuffed boots.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      Yeah, like a "wave five"--Megoey, but spiffier.

You mention something I hadn't considered, I was thinking the taller pirate cuffed boots.
                      Iceman wore short boots, not tall ones. Like Captain America and Shazam. The tall boots are just wrong for them.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

I agree about Captain Marvel, perhaps not about Capt. America.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

Captain America...
                          short boots.
                          'Nuff said

Last edited by LonnieFisher; Nov 17, '20, 9:20 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

lol I know you well enough to sit back and let this run its course...

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎