? about walmart stock

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tatsunokofan
    • Dec 5, 2019

I ended up at a half dozen different Walmarts in the Sacramento, CA area over the last week. Four of them had Megos, including Picard (2 apiece at 3 different stores), Rocky (1 at one store), and more Hannibal Lecters and Chuckys than I could be bothered to count (Many multiples of both at four locations).

James

Comment

• Adam West
      Museum CPA
      • Apr 14, 2003

I finally went to a Walmart in VA that is supposed to carry MEGOs. After asking around, I was directed back to the electronics section where I saw a couple of Hannibal Lector’s, Chucky’s and a Linda Blair Figure. That was it...so looks like I will buy online
      "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
      ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

I've been to only one Walmart and found The Creature, Stan Lee, Saru, and Hannibal Lecter. With one restock of the same the next time I went. I haven't been back since, so maybe they put different ones on the shelf.

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

Originally posted by monitor_ep
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]29238[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]29239[/ATTACH]

Well I just got back from picking up my nephew for the weekend and while going I stopped at 2 Wal-Marts just to find plenty of Picard's hanging on the shelf.
          I am so upset just got back from taking my nephew back and visited the out-of-town Walmarts just to see the same figures hanging around...
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Walmart employees are idiots...
            I really hate asking them for help. They are NEVER helpful!

Comment

• Collector Canine
              • Aug 21, 2020

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
              Walmart employees are idiots...
              I really hate asking them for help. They are NEVER helpful!
              As someone who used to work at Walmart, let me explain why they're never helpful: their managers are the real idiots. Never giving them any real direction or understanding of what they're doing. Hardly any training at all and the managers don't care. They aren't paid enough to deal with the employees below them. They're also very often real sleazeballs. Legit the kind of people that seem like they just kinda grabbed them off the street and gave them a job because they were desperate for more managers.

Comment

• Adam West
                Museum CPA
                • Apr 14, 2003

I am just going to order them online. I know it's not as fun as finding them in the stores, but I am kind of done traveling out of my way on a hope that I might find a couple of new figures.
                "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Spyweb007
                  Persistent Member
                  • Apr 18, 2006

I can't understand how the shelves in the toy department at my local Walmart can look exactly the same three weeks before Christmas as they did a month ago, same empty pegs, no extra stock, nothing really new. This is why I miss Toys R Us more than anything, Walmart and Target do not pay attention to keeping those aisles stocked at all. My manager at TRU back when I worked for them would have flipped out if our store looked like that. You can't sell empty peg hooks and shelves.

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Spyweb007
                    I can't understand how the shelves in the toy department at my local Walmart can look exactly the same three weeks before Christmas as they did a month ago, same empty pegs, no extra stock, nothing really new. This is why I miss Toys R Us more than anything, Walmart and Target do not pay attention to keeping those aisles stocked at all. My manager at TRU back when I worked for them would have flipped out if our store looked like that. You can't sell empty peg hooks and shelves.
                    Probably because Walmart and Target don’t specialize in toys, it’s just another section of the store, and they don’t keep track or care so much.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 11, 2013

Its crazy. For the most part actual people have zero control over merchandise. There computer sends up a flag when a product needs to be ordered. Now dealing with toys can be harder. Most of the good stuff walks out the door thanks to employees who know the resale value, so the computer reads the racks are full even though there empty.

I ran into this at Target. I had the toy manger pull up how many they were supposed to have, she went in the back and could not find them. I was ****ed. I would go in and clean them out to force there computer to restock only to have an employee steal them.

Way back during the Justice League Unlimited I would do this and it was the only way I could get the short pack figures.
                      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Adam West
                        Museum CPA
                        • Apr 14, 2003

I remember all the way back in the late 1980's and 1990's when Starting Lineups were hot; it was almost impossible to find the good ones at my local TRU even though there was a policy that the employees were not allowed to purchase them because they would sell for much higher than the price. My neighbor's sister was an assistant manager there and she would always pull the good ones out for him and he'd come pick them up and pay for them. That used to really irk me because he was hoarding them. He wouldn't buy just one Michael Jordan for example...he would buy all of them. He would also go to a local auction that I attended where they were sold and he would bid them up even though he had 10 of them just so nobody else could buy it at a fair price. He would never sell them to me unless I wanted to pay up for it and if I tried to trade, he would always want way more in trade value than what he was trading. Fortunately, I sold most of my collection before the Starting Lineup meltdown occurred and only kept what I really wanted. Now, I can buy what was a $500-$600 figure back at the time for $75. He lived next to me and I moved in 1998 and never ran into him again. I always wondered if he held onto his figures when the prices started plummeting. I think he told me that he had spent over $50K for his collection and I remember they filled an entire spare bedroom even though they were all neatly organized in boxes.
                        ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• monitor_ep
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 11, 2013

Another new month and still the same figures sitting on the pegs....

Pearland TV 12-4-20.jpg
                          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• monitor_ep
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 11, 2013

Today before we took my nephew to see the Dinosaur Adventure Drive-Thru safari, we stopped at a Walmart near Houston to check to see if they had new Megos. Wow they had ONE new Mego:

Star Trek Discovery Saru
                            20201218_113145[1].jpg

20201218_113150[1].jpg

He is still at the store since I haven't watched the series...
                            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎