Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The mystery of "Wonder Bread" He-Man finally solved.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • msenger76
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 3, 2009

My mom mailed away for EVERY possible thing we could get from toy lines, starting with kenner star wars. I was all-in on he-man, so it seems unlikely that i never would have gotten this figure. if you could get a figure from "proofs of purchase", i got it. or whatever other mail in offers there were!

The Wonder Bread thing always made sense to me, because it was something we didn't eat at our house. I didn't find out about the figures existence until i was an adult. My adult mind willing accepted it was from wonder, and we didn't buy that bread.

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      I guess my questions would be; Did this promotion PROMISE a special He-Man? Did this family WANT a special He-Man, or a regular He-Man? My understanding was the kids had a He-Man, and that's why they were upset that this one didn't have the power harness, because as related in the mini-comic that came with He-Man, that was his power source. If the kid came to his Mom and said "He doesn't even come with his armor, that gives him power", I can see a Mom putting this in a letter...if she's already disposed to write one.
      That's the thing, the buy 3 get 1 free promotion never mentions anything about getting a "special" figure. And while I do tend to believe that this figure did come from this promotion, it does make you wonder why there are so few of these figures in existence (couple hundred at best maybe?) for a promotion that surely thousands of kids mailed away for. I mean, we have more examples of the coupon than we do figures haha. Very odd.

So again, Scott's stuff fails to answer the most basic question. WHY was this figure produced and WHY was it dumped in this promotion with no fanfare? A "SPECIAL EDITION" He-Man figure would have been a different promotion entirely, I'd think. Making the figure unique, would make it more enticing for a mail away, as other companies regularly did. So even if this letter is authentic, it raises more questions than answers.

Good write up here: https://battleramblog.com/savage-he-...universe-1983/

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎