Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best nationwide frozen pizza out there ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

There are pizzerias around the country who ship their pizzas to your door, but they are mighty expensive...

Ship deep dish pizza from Chicago through Tastes of Chicago, Lou Malnati’s mail-order division.

...and many others...
    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Just order Domino's, Papa John’s, and Pizza Hut, Mikey. Better than frozen, and both relatively cheap.

Out of the large pizza chains, I’d have to say Round Table is better than those I mentioned.

Papa Murphy's is also a much better option than frozen. It’s a take n bake pizza. They will make it for you uncooked...and you just put it in your oven, it’s pretty good.
      sigpic

Comment

• alex
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 15, 2009

Slightly on topic, we have a decent wine/deli (chain) where for $5, they sell u a kit, of doe/sauce/mozaralla, and U get a seriously nice italian styled pizza out of it, and just add whatever U want on top.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

As far as frozen goes... Home Run Inn, Screamin Sicilian, and Tombstone Brick Oven are the three I can recommend. Also the deli pizzas at Aldi are pretty good.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Not Frozen, but the deli pizzas at Wal-Mart are also rather good. I like the long flatbread ones the best. Nice variety of toppings and sauces too.

But that pizza does look GOOD, Hector.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Liu Bei
              Banned
              • Mar 31, 2018

To answer the question, Paul Newman makes some pretty good frozen pizzas, relatively speaking.

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

Hec, your pizza has me drooling like a hound dog but there's no way I could ever make something like that.

Question, total shot in the dark because you seem to be an incredibly good amateur chef ….

My mom used to make garlic bread in a big roasting pot.

It's was CRAZY good -- nothing like traditional garlic bread or even pizzeria "garlic knots".

They were little balls of greasy garlic paradise.

Unfortunately when she left this world she took her recipe with her.

Any idea what i'm talking about ?

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

I don’t know exactly what type of bread she used, Mike.

What I would suggest if you don’t bake...is to buy a French bread loaf or baguette.

Cut/split it in half. Brush some olive oil on top. Chopped and finely mince some fresh garlic. If you don’t have that, powder garlic is okay. Maybe a little butter too. Add just a sprinkle of salt. Shake some dry ground basil. Place in oven set at 350 degrees for a few minutes or so, and presto, nice serviceable garlic bread.

You got me in the mood for some, so I quickly made this ittle batch...

It’s so easy, Mike. You don’t have to bake the bread, just buy an already baked bread and add all the goodies.
                  sigpic

Comment

• apes3978
                    Permanent Member
                    • Nov 19, 2005

I don't know if they're nation wide or not, (I'm guessing they are), but I would recommend Tombstone's frozen pizza... Three meats variety.

Comment

• drquest
                      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                      • Apr 17, 2012

Tombstone has been my goto for many years. I wouldn't say it's the best, but it is comforting I suppose.

Anyone make those Chef Boyardee Pizzas in a box?

I grew up eating those, and so have my kids. At least once a month I'll make one and I enjoy them.
                      Danny(Drquest)
                      Captain Action HQ
                      Retro shirts and stuff
                      More retro shirts
                      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Figuremod73
                        That 80's guy
                        • Jul 27, 2011

I cook a thin crust tombstone on occasion and like it ok. Those pics from Hector look 1000xs better. I think I've got to go to at least Pizza Hut tonight after seeing that....

Comment

• apes3978
                          Permanent Member
                          • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by drquest
                          Tombstone has been my goto for many years. I wouldn't say it's the best, but it is comforting I suppose.

Anyone make those Chef Boyardee Pizzas in a box?

I grew up eating those, and so have my kids. At least once a month I'll make one and I enjoy them.

I wasn't aware of the Chef Boyardee pizzas you're referring to-I may have to check those out next time I'm in the grocery store. The only boxed pizza I ever bought was Red Baron's Pizza... Well, those and those cheap little Totino's pizzas that were so skimpy just about anyone could eat an entire one in one sitting... I do like those little Totino's pizza rolls to this day.

Comment

• drquest
                            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                            • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by apes3978
                            I wasn't aware of the Chef Boyardee pizzas you're referring to-I may have to check those out next time I'm in the grocery store. The only boxed pizza I ever bought was Red Baron's Pizza... Well, those and those cheap little Totino's pizzas that were so skimpy just about anyone could eat an entire one in one sitting... I do like those little Totino's pizza rolls to this day.
                            Several stores carry them, Walmart included.

https://www.chefboyardee.com/product...-maker-makes-2

I usually take the two mix and make one larger pizza out of it. They always included a small cheese packet in the box but stopped doing that last year. So you're buying the crust mix and sauce.
                            Danny(Drquest)
                            Captain Action HQ
                            Retro shirts and stuff
                            More retro shirts
                            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 15, 2010

"Sam's Choice" thin-crust supreme pizza, in the frozen aisle at Walmart. Never would have expected this quality at Walmart and their store brand. Better than any Red Baron, Digiorno, or Tombstone frozen pizza and I've tried a ton of them over the years.

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• warlock664
                                Persistent Member
                                • Feb 15, 2009

I haven’t eaten frozen pizza in years.
                                I make my own pizza dough and buy a locally made sauce, top it with shredded mozz or mozz/provolone and pepperoni. I have recipes for flat bread, deep dish, and standard dough. If I’m in a time crunch, I’ll buy one of those pre-made crusts and top them as I do my own dough. I also rarely buy carry out pizza.587A4F49-4D84-4F04-98E9-76B77EF751E5.jpg0D440D49-9248-4E7F-8501-E22EBD586D90.jpg6B65065A-E894-4DF8-B057-8B6AD690A0EF.jpg
                                From left to right: deep dish, stuffed crust, flatbread.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎