X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego-Amigo
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 22, 2011

More Mego Twilight Zone ?

Has anyone heard if Mego will produce any further TZ figures ? I have all but one of the BBP TZ guys but I like the idea of Mego doing color versions and going beyond what BBP did as far as character selection.
  • pandorakirby
    • Dec 30, 2010

I was literally logging on to post this exact question. I now have four Kanamit figures and would love to see future Mego TZs that aren't just Gremlin, Beholder Doctor, etc

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 22, 2011

There are so many awesome characters from TZ that could be made. BBP just barely scratched the surface though I do love the figures they made.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I thought BBP was great, considering choosing classic characters that also have shelf appeal.

It was the ones that didn't get made from them what really hurt--esp. considering a few showed up as 4" versions. Four to six more figure would have resulted in an almost perfect set. I love the B&W approach.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 22, 2011

Yeah... every time I look at the backs of those cards that show Maya the Cat Girl and the Clown it hurts. Maya never even made it to 3 3/4.
          Last edited by Mego-Amigo; Nov 12, '20, 7:32 PM.

Comment

• Confessional
            Maker & Whatnot
            • Aug 8, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            I thought BBP was great, considering choosing classic characters that also have shelf appeal…
            I pulled out my set recently and put them back on display for the haunting season; just great stuff, well made and unique in the Megoverse.

Maybe BBP could make a power move and sell the character content that wasn't realized to Mego? Best of both worlds me thinks!

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Maya, the Clown, Anthony Fremont, Santa Henry, and Janet Tyler would do it for me.

Marsha White and perhaps Lt. Katell/Yamuri would be nice, too.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

How about those pig looking doctors in the hospital, forgot the episode name.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Eye of the Beholder. BBP did those and I would not refuse a reissue.

Comment

• Confessional
                    Maker & Whatnot
                    • Aug 8, 2012

The bandaged patient and the other alien would be good too!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Which alien do you mean? J. Pat O'Malley? That was prototyped IIRC.

I doubt Janet Tyler would sell though I'm selfish, thankfully she's custom-ready.

Comment

• Confessional
                        Maker & Whatnot
                        • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Yeah, Ben's Alien disguise from The Fugitive.

I never got the BBP black Kanamit… was that a SDCC exclusive or something?

… I'd be down for something from The Masks too!
                        Last edited by Confessional; Nov 13, '20, 9:33 PM.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 11, 2013

I remember passing on these when they first came out because they did them in the "gray scale" instead of color. as a collector I can see the reason for doing then in that style but as a customizer it turned me away. I latter picked up some when one of the online toy store & Hastings liquidated them out. That pig Nurse had the best outfit due to it being in white. If Mego wants to release them again I suggest they keep them in color. This way those who got them for collector value will be happy. Plus I really want the Leonard Nimoy as Hansen in his army outfit, Gremlin, creepy clown in color along with that !!

c700x420.jpg

twilight-zone-figures-md.jpg

BBP05120_HiRes_062515.jpg.jpg

61LXvtwd5uL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

1000x600_TZ1.jpg
                          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Hansen is silly though, he's peripheral in the episode.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Confessional
                              ^^ Yeah, Ben's Alien disguise from The Fugitive.

I never got the BBP black Kanamit… was that a SDCC exclusive or something?

… I'd be down for something from The Masks too!
                              Yes, exclusive Kanamit.

More masks, YES!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎