X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

Mego Corp. new head/neck attachment

This may have been addressed before and I missed it, but has MEGO ever stated why they decided to forego the neckplug on the squishy head and move it onto the body for these new figures? It really is not that much of a hindrance, but as an old school fan and customizer, it would be nice to switch and swap to vintage bodies without having to create some sort of adapter. I was wondering if this had something to do with the proposed change to bandless bodies, or if there was some sort of safety regulation MEGO was working with much like the larger boots on the Mattel line several years back.
  • Jrfjr126rock
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by rche
    This may have been addressed before and I missed it, but has MEGO ever stated why they decided to forego the neckplug on the squishy head and move it onto the body for these new figures? It really is not that much of a hindrance, but as an old school fan and customizer, it would be nice to switch and swap to vintage bodies without having to create some sort of adapter. I was wondering if this had something to do with the proposed change to bandless bodies, or if there was some sort of safety regulation MEGO was working with much like the larger boots on the Mattel line several years back.
    Its pretty easy to adapt it! I prefer the new necks and bodies but the video below shows how you can adapt.

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

thanks jrfjr. I am good with adapting both old bodies to new heads and the other way around. It is just another step in the customizing world. I prefer to use vintage MEGO bodies as I don't care for the material the new limbs are made with for the modern figures. I was just wondering out loud if anyone had stated a reason for the change in the neck plug design.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

From what I understand, it sped things up at the factory.
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

Thanks CG.
          I am going to assume this is for assembly. Easier to place the head on the neck stump than to try to twist a neck plug into a hole. I can see that.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎