Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

They may just end Jeopardy. Considering they took a poll before Alex died on who people wanted to see replace him as host,50% said they'd stop watching Jeopardy.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by jwyblejr
      They may just end Jeopardy. Considering they took a poll before Alex died on who people wanted to see replace him as host,50% said they'd stop watching Jeopardy.
      I dunno, same can be said for any game show host including Art Fleming (which was popular enough at the time to reprise his role as host of Jeopary in the Weild Al video -- which was made when Trebek was still relatively unknown as the host of the New Jeopardy

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

Bob Barker was irreplaceable too, but look how well Drew Carey is doing.

I don't *Like* Ken Jennings, but if he can handle the job, he is the logicalchoice.
        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 18, 2015

Interesting to see people of all generations paying tribute to him. A true icon.
          The hands that grip.

Comment

• apes3978
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by jwyblejr
            Not sure about Jennings. ABC has him on their version of The Chase.

True, but in a short retrospective on Alex after his death, they said that at one time, Alex was hosting three different shows at once, so it can be done... As also mentioned in this thread, Ryan Seacrest had/has multiple gigs, and Steve Harvey was really going all out for awhile too, so it can be done. (But, I know a lot of that would depend on contracts/no-compete clauses, etc. so I'm not saying it'd be cut and dry by any means...)

We'll just have to wait and see I guess...

Comment

• apes3978
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by B-Lister
              Bob Barker was irreplaceable too, but look how well Drew Carey is doing.
              ^^^ Exactly ^^^

No doubt there'll be a period of adjustment for some folks, but I think people will be willing to give a new host a shot.

I think "Jeopardy" is too big of a cash cow for them to just leave it go...

Comment

• Brown Bear
                Still Old School
                • Feb 14, 2008

In his 20's, he worked for CBC Radio in my hometown of Halifax. Pretty cool.
                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎