X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mego Hammer Dracula : Mint Off Card Review

Mint Off Card gets an early look at the highly anticipated Christopher Lee Dracula figure from Mego Corp. What Hammer Horror characters would you like to see next from Mego? you can order Dracula at Entertainment Earth https://www.entertainmentearth.com/s...d=ME-002202116 Mego Ambassadors Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MegoAmbassadors/ MegoMania https://www.facebook.com/groups/megomania/

More...
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

That is one great figure!!!
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 22, 2011

That figure is perfect. Thank you Brian. I am so excited about Mego having the Hammer license. Cushing Van Helsing, Dr. Frankenstein and Sherlock Holmes, Lee's Frankenstein Monster and Mummy, Ingrid Pitt's Carmilla, The Reptile, Raquel Welch from One Million Years B.C, Oliver Reed Werewolf and Martine Beswick Sister Hyde just to name a few I would love to see made.

Comment

• powersthatbe
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 27, 2010

Nice review and good looking figure I think the regular shopper at Walmart's or where ever these will be sold will do a step back seeing Hammer Horror movie figures on the pegs and say cool!
        Last edited by powersthatbe; Nov 7, '20, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• TomStrong
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 22, 2011

Love this figure!!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I don't mind saying with all sincerity, this figure is a dream come true. It's most definitely Lee's Dracula, but it's still very much a Mego figure! Congrats to everyone involved for knocking it out of the park. I wasn't aware Jason Young was designing some of these packages! I love the trees...that has to be Black Park, right next to Pinewood Studios, right? That park figured in nearly every Hammer film!

Lee's Frankenstein Creature and Mummy are a must, as are Cushing as Van Hesling and Baron Frankenstein. Oliver Reed's Werewolf, the Reptile, and the Gorgon,please!!!

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

nice cameo shot with all the htf Draculas. That tomland is outstanding!
              The Lee Drac is pretty awesome as well. Looking forward to finding one.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

His top doesn't look like it fits very well.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

looks great. I hope they do more Hammer characters

Comment

• Falstaff13
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 28, 2008

Thanks for the video--that figure looks great to me, and it's great to see the closeups.
                    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Type3Toys
                      Home Of The Type3 Body
                      • Jan 18, 2005

Wow! Excellent! I really hope this is the start of an entire line an not just a character randomly plucked out of thin air. For the love of God make Caroline Monroe!
                      LOOK
                      Action Figure Design & Prototypes
                      For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
                      To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• RonnyG
                        Career Member
                        • Apr 23, 2014

The face sculpt is perfect!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Head still looks great! Looking forward to more Hammer horror.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Confessional
                            Maker & Whatnot
                            • Aug 8, 2012

I think this one falls in the same category as Red Death… outstanding choices by Mego as something many Mego and monsters collectors will want, an excellent head sculpt, but the soft goods have fallen off in these releases.

Maybe the Lugosi figures spoiled us, but I like the clothing to be not-so-throw-away. Lee's Dracula was a sharp dressed ghoul in a tailored suit and well fitting, stylized cape, so I can't help but want that too. Doesn't need to to be NECA quality, but something closer to the Lugosi and Phantom releases would be a better choice for these iconic characters.

If anyone is wondering about the card art: https://www.alamy.com/taste-the-bloo...e68098305.html
                            Last edited by Confessional; Nov 8, '20, 9:07 AM. Reason: … we dress our dollz!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

"We dress our dollz!"

Can that be the next MM slogan?
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎