X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddgaff1132
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 3, 2007

Durham Karate guy

Not exactly Mego knock off but close. This guy is more like 8.25 inches tall.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-GI-...72.m2749.l2648

Snagged this guy over Halloween weekend. Apparently the seller had No idea who it was...

Durham.jpg

The "HOT GLUE" mentioned in the description turned out to be the figures Urethane skeletal structure. This little guy suffers from the same ailment as Big Jim. The rubber / Vinyl of the outer arms and legs reacts with the inner Urethane skeletal structure as well as the harder plastic of the torso. I was able to get the attached leg to kick, but left alone even for a minute or two and the joint freezes up once again like its welding together.

I knew this was probably a loss from the get go. I actually wanted the head more than anything. Maybe shrink it for a Mego custom. Or attach it to a Gabriel Lone Ranger body since the head is close to that scale. I'm even considering trying to salvage the figure and try to restore it (Probably impossible with the degree of melting going on.

SO what do you guys think. Try for a restore that probably is impossible. Do a Mego shrink, or go for a 10" custom for my Lone Ranger collection?
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS
  • knight errant00
    8 Inch Action Figure
    • Nov 15, 2005

I'd go first for restoring it, just to see. Then, only 'cuz I'm biased that way, I'd go for a Mego shrink.

Good luck -- and post an update when you get going on it!

Comment

• Neutron X
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 22, 2007

Cool find. I have swapped head to Lone Ranger, JJ Arms, and in the future Big Jim? You can fix hands by adding a screw and inserting back into arm. Usually the shoulder joint is fine so I have no ideas. Depends on your goal to have a figure standing up or parts for a custom. I have noticed different PVC colors used in head mold. So it can be a little challenging to get the right skin tone for custom projects..

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎