Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phil
    Persistent Member
    • May 11, 2007

Richie and some of the other heads may not be 100% accurate but they work well enough for me.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I understand --I'm using Paul Morrow for a Tony Stark AE and some don't see it.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• phil
        Persistent Member
        • May 11, 2007

I get the Paul Morrow sculpt for Tony Stark especially since it’s from the ‘70s like the MEGO Iron Man.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Exactly.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

I used the Tony head for my Garth of Izar. i am working now on doing Janice Rand using the Kris Munroe as a base. just have to figure out the huge hair bun, lol

for Masters, the upcoming Michael Burnham may be workable, if it is a short hair version of her

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

i am also going to use a Playing Mantis AJ head to do Lt Desalle. i just have to get more crew pants and shirts, and pants are the harder part to come by these days

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

^I think Doc has the Redshirt head which didn't make it to production. Several have likened it to Desalle.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by apes3978
                  Forgot to add that Dr. Mego may be able to help you out... Here's the link to his website's heads and helmets section:

The head on the top of the page may work for you, the head simply called "Bald Female Head". If you scroll down towards the middle of the page, you'll see that Dr. Mego has her titled as "Brown Julie Head", so you can see what she'd look like as an African American. It's the same head, just that the Brown Julie Head has long hair added, which of course you do not need, so you could just buy the bald version as shown on the top of the page and do your own short Afro hairstyle on her, or as PNGwynne mentioned (about AA Dinah-Mite), you could maybe just get the head flocked?
                  yeah I was hoping to not have to paint eyes but maybe its not that hard... I think flocking would prob be best for the hair and thats how I assume they are going to do Michael Burnham.

How easy is it to detach mego legs and reattach space boot legs?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

For Emce/mod Mego legs? Really easy with hot water: pop 'em on and off the knee pin after warming.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      ^I think Doc has the Redshirt head which didn't make it to production. Several have likened it to Desalle.
                      yeah, i saw that. it is a resin head though. i don't like resin heads. they never look right painted, IMHO

the PM AJ head looks pretty good though and has the same hole in the head as the new Mego

Comment

• phil
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 11, 2007

I used a couple of PM Action Jackson for Security Guards and they work fine. The heads being able to fit on a New Mego Trek body was a major plus.

Comment

• phil
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                          For Emce/mod Mego legs? Really easy with hot water: pop 'em on and off the knee pin after warming.
                          I didn’t know that was possible with the new bodies. Thank you for the information!

Comment

• apes3978
                            Permanent Member
                            • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
                            yeah I was hoping to not have to paint eyes but maybe its not that hard... I think flocking would prob be best for the hair and that's how I assume they are going to do Michael Burnham.
                            Don't leave eye painting intimidate you-You can do it, it just takes a little patience and/or practice.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 23, 2008

I'm thinking this head may actually work for Marla!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

is that from ST Insurrection? you would need to shrink the head a bit

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎