X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jrfjr126rock
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 23, 2008

Top Star Trek wants?

I have been so pleasantly surprised so far with the new mego Star Trek figures. I loved all the TOS repos and the new characters like Picard, Data and Saru look great as well. Star Trek TOS holds a special place in my heart and its the reason I got into Megos and the Star Trek shows and movies as well.

I am praying ReMego continues to do a great job and hopefully will have more figures out in the future! I know most people wish they gave us all the TOS characters first but I do like that we are getting diversity. What is everyone's top 5 wants?

Mine:
    1. Decker
    2. Ilia
    3. Worf
    4. Nurse Chapel
    5. Marla McGivers

BONUS: It would be a real surprise if they did the modern movie characters... hell we are getting Discovery why not?
  • teddyk
    • Feb 24, 2008

I really hope they get back to TOS and making more characters (not more Kirk/Spock variants). My top wants have to include McCoy and Scotty, plus the Klingon. My top two after those would be Nurse Chapel (I was so excited by the Emce prototype from several years ago) and a security guard (Leslie would be extra-awesome).

Comment

• Tiberiusguy
      Museum Patron
      • Aug 23, 2019

We could have bought up all the Richie and Al figures from Target, if they released the Scotty, who would have cleared shelves faster than a Tribble propagates!!

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 22, 2011

I keep hoping Mego gets back to TOS soon. So many great characters yet to be made.

Comment

• Liu Bei
          Banned
          • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by teddyk
          I really hope they get back to TOS and making more characters (not more Kirk/Spock variants). My top wants have to include McCoy and Scotty, plus the Klingon. My top two after those would be Nurse Chapel (I was so excited by the Emce prototype from several years ago) and a security guard (Leslie would be extra-awesome).
          Agreed. Get back to TOS. Finish out the crew, get started on the aliens, and get some playsets out, including the bridge.

STD can’t even beat out reruns of Family Feud right now. No, I’m not making that up. It’s got a 0.2 share of the 18-49 demographic. It’s on free TV on one of the biggest networks in the world during a pandemic when people are locked in and starving for new content, and it’s losing out to sitcom reruns like Mom and Little Sheldon.

I honestly think remastered TOS could pull better ratings for CBS than STD. There’s a reason almost no other licenser has touched this brand. Mego’s gonna take a bath on this one.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

I'd like to see Mego put out a true to 8" Mego size plastic complete Classic Bridge

It's not as tough as you would think.

Most of the bridge sections are almost identical --- just sell 1 bare bones section and then sell upgrade baggies for each section.

People can buy just a few sections for different display vignettes

Oh, and don't forget the Captains chair and Helm

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by Liu Bei
              Agreed. Get back to TOS. Finish out the crew, get started on the aliens, and get some playsets out, including the bridge.

STD can’t even beat out reruns of Family Feud right now. No, I’m not making that up. It’s got a 0.2 share of the 18-49 demographic. It’s on free TV on one of the biggest networks in the world during a pandemic when people are locked in and starving for new content, and it’s losing out to sitcom reruns like Mom and Little Sheldon.

I honestly think remastered TOS could pull better ratings for CBS than STD. There’s a reason almost no other licenser has touched this brand. Mego’s gonna take a bath on this one.

I like that it is actually connected with TOS. I think the show is pretty good tbh. I really like Michael, Saru and Cpt Philippa.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                Banned
                • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
                I like that it is actually connected with TOS. I think the show is pretty good tbh. I really like Michael, Saru and Cpt Philippa.
                The problem I have with STD is I just don’t think it’s popular enough for Mego to come out ahead on. My fear is this stuff is going to rot on shelves the way the sitcom stuff did. My local Target still has some of that wave 1 junk hanging on the pegs to this very day. For some reason they just won’t discount it. It just continues to sit there, clogging up the pegs.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                  The problem I have with STD is I just don’t think it’s popular enough for Mego to come out ahead on. My fear is this stuff is going to rot on shelves the way the sitcom stuff did. My local Target still has some of that wave 1 junk hanging on the pegs to this very day. For some reason they just won’t discount it. It just continues to sit there, clogging up the pegs.
                  Maybe but Im hoping that people buy them because of how well done they are. I hope Michael is nice but Saru looks absolutely amazing. It blows me away how detailed he is.

Comment

• knight errant00
                    8 Inch Action Figure
                    • Nov 15, 2005

Vina as green Orion slave girl. That's the only TOS figure I'm asking for.

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
                      I have been so pleasantly surprised so far with the new mego Star Trek figures. I loved all the TOS repos and the new characters like Picard, Data and Saru look great as well. Star Trek TOS holds a special place in my heart and its the reason I got into Megos and the Star Trek shows and movies as well.

I am praying ReMego continues to do a great job and hopefully will have more figures out in the future! I know most people wish they gave us all the TOS characters first but I do like that we are getting diversity. What is everyone's top 5 wants?

Mine:
                      1. Decker
                      2. Ilia
                      3. Worf
                      4. Nurse Chapel
                      5. Marla McGivers

BONUS: It would be a real surprise if they did the modern movie characters... hell we are getting Discovery why not?
                      I'd buy all of those. My top five: Nurse Chapel, Yeoman Rand, Galileo Seven monster (Taurean), Talosian, and Vina.

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                        Radioactive!
                        • Feb 13, 2010

Gary Seven (and Isis pack-in)
                        Trelane
                        Zephram Cochrane (TOS)

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Chapel, Vina/Marta, Mudd, Trelane, Rand, Kor or Kang, Tellerite, med-tunic McCoy

Sarek & Amanda, Miranda and Kolos. Ruk & Dr. Korby, Arex and M'ress
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

Scotty in redshirt and dress uniform kilt, Dr. McCoy, Klingon, correct Talosian, correct Mugato, Andorian, Nurse Chapel, Harry Mudd.

Comment

• Collector Canine
                              • Aug 21, 2020

I honestly just want a Dr. McCoy in his short-sleeved shirt.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎