Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mego Phantom of the Opera Masque of Red Death Revealed!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mego Phantom of the Opera Masque of Red Death Revealed!

Happy Halloween, we’ve got a spectacular reveal from Mego Corp. in the form of this Phantom of the Opera: Masque of Red Death version. Nothing beats a classic monster especially one that hasn’t been released in the 8″ format before! Have a great evening Mego fans!     You can Pre-Order Q and dozens of…

More...
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

headsculpt looks great, costume doesn't really match the character from the film all that much, but he does scratch that generic monster itch for me so I will get him.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Confessional
      Maker & Whatnot
      • Aug 8, 2012

!!! Oh the lovely strangeness of this this, Happy Haunts indeed! Thanks!

The clothes are odd and really lack specificity, and it would have been great to have the staff included. However, the sculpt looks killer… gonna have fun customizing this one.
      Last edited by Confessional; Oct 31, '20, 5:26 PM. Reason: … run ye might, death is all around!

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Surprisingly generic, even for Mego Corp., but how can I not like this? I still do--happy Hallowe'en! Good sculpt and I'm glad to have it. Echoing Confessional, I will enjoy customizing it.

I don't want to sound like an ***, but I could have given Mego some good, still-cost-effective costume ideas on this whilst still maintaining the "not more than three pieces" clothing rule that Mego seems to follow.

Hyde and and this release have faltered in their clothing IMO.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          Surprisingly generic, even for Mego Corp., but how can I not like this? I still do--happy Hallowe'en! Good sculpt and I'm glad to have it. Echoing Confessional, I will enjoy customizing it.

I don't want to sound like an ***, but I could have given Mego some good, still-cost-effective costume ideas on this whilst still maintaining the "not more than three pieces" clothing rule that Mego seems to follow.

Hyde and and this release have faltered in their clothing IMO.
          the hats must be breaking the budgets
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I should add on a positive note that I appreciate the head resembling the mask and not a more detailed skull. Which is not to say that Mego Corp. should not also do a Grim Reaper with it--glowing!
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

Depends on what the actually figure looks like I really want to get some of these to add to my ReMego Bar-N-Band members...
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

I just hope they all don't end up with pink stained heads from the cloak or hat bleeding color.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  the hats must be breaking the budgets
                  My partner said it looks like Masque of the Red Pajamas. ROFL

(Sorry, we're all hopped up on Hallowe'en sugar, those Heath bars are like crack.)

Comment

• ToyTalk
                    Career Member
                    • Mar 25, 2020

I like the head sculpt, the hat and the suit. Not much caring for the cape but still a pretty cool figure. I will purchase him.
                    Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                      Often invisible
                      • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      My partner said it looks like Masque of the Red Pajamas. ROFL

(Sorry, we're all hopped up on Hallowe'en sugar, those Heath bars are like crack.)
                      Now I’m starvin’ for a Heath bar!!
                      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• RonnyG
                        Career Member
                        • Apr 23, 2014

I'm pretty sure I've seen that outfit on some pimp in a 1970s blaxplotation movie.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

looks sharp. the basic outfit might be workable for V uniforms

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

That’s one excellent looking new mego figure, great addition to the monsters series.

Comment

• Meule
                              Verbose Member
                              • Nov 14, 2004

That head sculpt is awesome, the clothes I can live with
                              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎