X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheXFactor
    Museum Patron
    • Oct 31, 2013

Sucuri Website Firewall warning??

I was just trying to make a post in the Auction Watch section, but kept getting a "Sucuri Website Firewall" warning which prevented the post from going through. I made a post in the Mego Marketplace on October 25th (and just made two others as well), so it's not like my Log In was bad or anything like that. Anybody else experience this?
    Last edited by TheXFactor; Oct 30, '20, 3:26 AM.
  • Confessional
    Maker & Whatnot
    • Aug 8, 2012

Yes, I've had that happen too.

In my case it was caused by including something odd in the post. For example, non-English language characters or the wrong type of image link code.

Comment

• TheXFactor
      Museum Patron
      • Oct 31, 2013

Originally posted by Confessional
      Yes, I've had that happen too.

In my case it was caused by including something odd in the post. For example, non-English language characters or the wrong type of image link code.

I was including both the html from a completed eBay auction as well as a link to the figure's corresponding WGSH Gallery page here on the Museum website. I'll try reposting later with just the eBay link and see if that makes any difference. Thanks for the input.

UPDATE: I reposted without the html link to the corresponding WGSH Gallery page here on the Museum website, and it went through no problem. So again, THANK YOU for the input!!
      Last edited by TheXFactor; Nov 1, '20, 3:11 AM.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

i get that warning a lot when i try to go in and read a post. it just won't let me in

Comment

• TheXFactor
          Museum Patron
          • Oct 31, 2013

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
          i get that warning a lot when i try to go in and read a post. it just won't let me in
          Are you signed in at the time?

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

signed in to the MM? yes, i am. just for some reason, randomly it appears, i cannot access certain threads/posts

Comment

• TheXFactor
              Museum Patron
              • Oct 31, 2013

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
              signed in to the MM? yes, i am. just for some reason, randomly it appears, i cannot access certain threads/posts
              I can't even begin to figure out why that's happening to you. Like I mentioned, my problem turned out to be related to what Confessional wrote above (the wrong type of image link code). If it's happening to you when you're just trying to read a post, the only thing that comes to mind is that- maybe- there's something entered as a response (that never went through and is still pending) which is causing the same kind of problem. Maybe try the old standby of clearing cache/cookies and see if that has any effect?

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

no, if i cannot access a thread, then i cannot access it ever

Comment

• TheXFactor
                  Museum Patron
                  • Oct 31, 2013

I don't know what else to suggest. The help request I originally sent to the website administrator over two weeks ago has gone unanswered, so I wouldn't recommend that as an option.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎