X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jrfjr126rock
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 23, 2008

Star Trek Costumes?

Does anyone have the best resource for getting spare Star Trek costumes? The mego repos are fairly cheap so if I have to I can always purchase extras to get them but I would prefer if you guys knew a website or even a member that makes them!

I am looking for TOS and TNG hopefully.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Buying more figures would be cheaper than custom work.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• apes3978
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 19, 2005

There was a member on here who did great work, but I don't think she visits anymore.

If you're just looking for standard stuff, I think thunderbolt is right: You'd be better off just buying spare figures.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 23, 2008

That will work for the men's costumes but any idea on where I could get yellow or blue TOS dresses for ladies?

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

if you are on the facebook group there are people there that i believe make costumes, not sure on price. OT Puente? i think that is one name that comes up

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
            That will work for the men's costumes but any idea on where I could get yellow or blue TOS dresses for ladies?
            Might be a good excuse to figure out sewing, the dress pattern should be fairly easy to figure out.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by apes3978
              There was a member on here who did great work, but I don't think she visits anymore.

If you're just looking for standard stuff, I think thunderbolt is right: You'd be better off just buying spare figures.
              Your thinking of Theresa Chapko, or museum member theressa, she sewed outfits for a lot of Trek and POTA customs, she actually had yellow and blue female TOS outfits. Unfortunately she hasn’t been on the forum since early January 2020.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                Moderation Engineer
                • Aug 14, 2003

There are multiple people who can make Trek dresses, but hardly any of us seem to have the time. I might get to make a few over the holidays in December, but I can't commit right now. Theresa was the best, but she's semi-retired and hard to track down. Rachel Baker makes awesome stuff, but she rarely does anything to order.

Uhura.jpg

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                  There are multiple people who can make Trek dresses, but hardly any of us seem to have the time. I might get to make a few over the holidays in December, but I can't commit right now. Theresa was the best, but she's semi-retired and hard to track down. Rachel Baker makes awesome stuff, but she rarely does anything to order.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29031[/ATTACH]
                  Have any advice for me on how to make a pattern or measure? Maybe I can try doing it myself haha

Comment

• sprytel
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
                    Have any advice for me on how to make a pattern or measure? Maybe I can try doing it myself haha

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 23, 2008

Thank you so much! Any suggestions on type of fabric? Is it cotton-spandex?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

For a Mego look you'll want to use polyester single-knit (jersey). It's marketed at JoAnn's as Jet Set knit.

Some people prefer to use matte milliskin spandex, I don't care for it.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

i wish Dr Mego would just have them made and sell them on his site. it would just make it so much easier for us non sewing people

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎